Litter trays and litter

(4 Posts)
Nelleflowerpot Wed 07-Sep-16 12:18:16

So getting new kitten next week after not having a tray for many years. Old cat was a dignified old man who went over fields behind us.
Is cats worlds the best litter? Low odor etc? Also do you think a kitten will be ok with covered tray? I have a curious toddler so would rather have a covered one for both child and kittens sake. My concern is they had an open tray at breeders and I don't want to confuse her? Help X

Toddlerteaplease Wed 07-Sep-16 14:54:39

I've got a top entry litter tray from zoo plus. As my pair tended to startle easily when in the tray and I was forever finding nuggets of poo lying around. The top has holes in which stops the litter tracking to much. I use intersand Classic litter. It's brilliant. No smell what so ever, even with fresh poo in it and leaning over to scoop it. I scoop in the mornings and change the whole thing once a month.

Toddlerteaplease Wed 07-Sep-16 14:56:28

Ps I was told by the rescue not to get a covered tray as they would be to stupid to use it. They used it before I'd even put it together or out litter in it!! And took to the top entry one with no issues. They are adults but really not over endowed with brains, if my pair manage your kitten will be ok!

ineedwine99 Wed 07-Sep-16 15:01:30

Hi, mine have a covered tray and prefer it to open ones, more privacy, also less mess and odours for me ( contains bits that get kicked up and has a filter in the lid for smells)
Litter i always use catsan, expensive but i do find it the best, I scoop out solid waste but only need to do a full litter change once a week

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now