Cat insurance

(6 Posts)
pinkpixie83 Wed 31-Aug-16 15:11:31

Can anyone recommend a good pet insurance?

Looking at some for my new pussy cat and wondered?

Gatekeeper Wed 31-Aug-16 15:14:06

I went for Tesco for my ten year old cat, unlimited cover for 14 quid a month

OliveOrTwist Wed 31-Aug-16 15:14:09

I always used protect your bubble, cheap and cheerful for when he was younger. I had to claim once and it was surprisingly simple. Now he's older (nearly 7) I've just switched him to a pet plan lifetime cover policy, just because long term illnesses will be more likely the older the gets.

TroysMammy Wed 31-Aug-16 15:32:41

Petplan. Sadly I had to use mine for my dear boy who was diagnosed with heart failure in January. They paid out nearly £3,600, including medication up until his death in May. No quibbling at all and a lovely email when I advised them he had died and needed to cancel the policy. I paid £12 a month for Troy but he was only 5.

pinkpixie83 Wed 31-Aug-16 15:43:55

My vets are recommending pet plan apparently I can claim 4 weeks free and then I'm looking about £11/mth or I can get the same cover with direct line for £8/month

PinkSparklyPussyCat Thu 01-Sep-16 10:34:13

Petplan. They paid out for Harry's treatment when he broke his jaw despite the vet warning they may not as he also had dental problems.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now