Constipated cat?

(7 Posts)
Puffinity Thu 25-Aug-16 22:05:05

Me again, concerned first-time cat staff. God only knows how worried I'll be when I have an actual human child

So, we picked PuffinCat up on Monday evening. She started eating on Tuesday, munching away properly yesterday and doing my head in begging today.

She had a poo on Tuesday afternoon, but none yesterday or today. Is this anything to be concerned about? She seems totally fine, if a bit grumpy for not being allowed out. I'm not going to call the OOH vet obviously, but just wanted to check this is normal. I did move the litter tray upstairs yesterday, but I can't imagine that's put her off? All advice/ reassurance much appreciated!

cozietoesie Thu 25-Aug-16 22:15:16

Check behind the sofa. grin

Puffinity Thu 25-Aug-16 22:18:46

Haha, thanks! Wouldn't I have smelled it though? Last time I smelled it as soon as I came in through the front door, and the litter box was by the back door!

Puffinity Thu 25-Aug-16 22:25:20

Turns out PuffinCat is a little dim and hadn't realised that the litter tray was still the litter tray even though it is now upstairs... DH went upstairs, held the flap open and she got in and promptly did one...

Puffinity Thu 25-Aug-16 22:25:58

And absolutely no way she'd get away with crapping behind the sofa without us noticing! Those turds are vile!!!

cozietoesie Fri 26-Aug-16 00:16:46

grin

Tell DH he has a new duty. wink

Puffinity Fri 26-Aug-16 21:15:28

He has indeed! It would appear that PuffinCat will only have a poo if someone opens the flap of the litter tray for her to get in. Peeing is fine, she'll do that herself, but she needs special assistance for number 2s. DH assisted HM tonight and got to shovel the turd up too.

It's lovely getting to know her quirks - she seems to be paranoid we'll steal her food but at the same time seems to want us there when she's eating. She constantly whines for food during the day, but only when you're in the kitchen. Can you tell I luffs her? smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now