cat been missing nearly 72 hrs

(37 Posts)
GreenGoth89 Wed 17-Aug-16 23:41:18

Starting to fear the worst, he's never been away this long. I don't know what to do. I've called the local
Vets and the microchipping company. Putting posters up and doing door to doors tomorrow. This cat has been my life for nearly 4 years, gotten me through some terrible times, I really don't know what to do with myself :/

StopHammerTime Wed 17-Aug-16 23:55:28

As a massive cat lover I am so sorry to hear this but I am sure he will return home soon and in that typical (and lovely) cat way just demand to be fed as per usual like nothing has happened. If he isn't back tonight the door to doors tomorrow could really help, we recently spotted a cat in our garden and contacted its owner who had been door to door a few days earlier. We wouldn't have done so had she not called round. Hope you are reunited soon.

Goingtobeawesome Thu 18-Aug-16 08:12:44

I'm so sorry to read this. My boy cat keeps going missing for most of a day and that is bad enough. Sometimes he misses a meal too.

Could he be trapped in a garage?

GreenGoth89 Thu 18-Aug-16 08:23:45

There is a garage opposite that has a big hole in the door and I know the cats go over there a lot so I might go talk to the owner and see if DP can have a look (might have to offer to sort it out for her though - she's 92 and she said she's not even opened it up since her husband passed away 5 years ago. I'm going to do some posters too. I'm wondering how far we should go? I wonder if he followed me or DP to the shop/bus stop/ allotment and then got lost coming back?

Goingtobeawesome Thu 18-Aug-16 12:50:00

Asking the neighbour is a good idea.

GreenGoth89 Thu 18-Aug-16 13:06:05

Asked neighbours, put signs up, no sign. sad

hollinhurst84 Fri 19-Aug-16 07:36:15

brewchocolate
I was frantic when mine went and he came back after 8 days. I hope he reappears soon

Oliversmumsarmy Fri 19-Aug-16 07:55:23

One of mine didn't was let it Sunday morning and didn't return in the evening. We kept going out Monday Tuesday and Wednesday. Then late on Wednesday/Thursday morning we decided to go for another walk around calling him and he popped out of a hedge. Dirty stop out mewed at us then disappeared back into the hedge. Took a further 20 mins to finally be within reach to grab him otherwise I have no idea left to his own devices what time/day he would have been back.
I think the weather is so good they can decide if they have found an interesting spot with scurrying little creatures.
I hope he comes home or your find him soon. Definitely ask people to check their garages and outbuildings as I know one of mine got stuck in neighbours shed for 2 days

GreenGoth89 Fri 19-Aug-16 10:34:05

Still missing, asked all the local news groups on Facebook to put something up...I'm so tempted to ask if Midlands news are having a slow day! :p

GreenGoth89 Fri 19-Aug-16 10:42:53

Still missing, asked all the local news groups on Facebook to put something up...I'm so tempted to ask if Midlands news are having a slow day! :p

LegalQuestion Fri 19-Aug-16 14:05:03

Any news yet?

GreenGoth89 Fri 19-Aug-16 18:11:18

None, just got back in from calling around a road that someone said they saw a black cat hanging around but no sign. More posters up asked more dog walkers but that's it sad

ShadowsInTheDarkness Sat 20-Aug-16 19:29:41

I feel your pain, one of mines been gone for almost 2 weeks now and Im starting to think theres no hope. Shes a big hunter and often goes across roads to reach farmland so Im worried shes been hit crossing. Not even 2 years old. sad

Sorry about the hijack.

gingerboy1912 Sat 20-Aug-16 21:11:07

My friends cat went missing for five days and then just turned up one morning and ate breakfast. Fingers crossed for good news opflowers

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 21-Aug-16 08:32:27

Keep going out and calling him, is there a fb spotted page you can put him on?.

Goingtobeawesome Mon 22-Aug-16 20:40:38

Have the wanderers returned?

GreenGoth89 Tue 23-Aug-16 09:16:14

Still not come back, someone from street life has offered to help me leaflet - but how am I going to make enough leaflets for 3/4 roads? No point doing my road, everyone knows he's missing but the next road I could try...

gingerboy1912 Tue 23-Aug-16 10:20:20

Keeping everything crossed for you op.

gingerboy1912 Tue 23-Aug-16 10:20:45

Keeping everything crossed for you op.

Any sign OP

GreenGoth89 Thu 25-Aug-16 11:21:40

Still no sign! sad

GreenGoth89 Thu 25-Aug-16 11:22:33

Still no sign! sad

GreenGoth89 Thu 25-Aug-16 13:06:20

Still no sign! sad

gingerboy1912 Thu 25-Aug-16 14:03:54

Oh green I'm sorry sad

Botanicbaby Thu 25-Aug-16 18:19:54

please don't give up hope OP.

i've been following your thread and hoping for a happy outcome for you & the others. (as it happens, I am in the same awful position, my precious pet has been missing for a week. I am utterly distraught beyond belief and very anxious for her welfare). It has been the longest week of my life and I am trying to be positive that no news is good news. It gets harder as the days go by.

Have you registered on all the missing pet sites and checked found pets in your area? I would keep posting leaflets and reminding people. Be persistent. Apparently a lot of cats that go missing or lost are found relatively nearby?!

Take care of yourself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now