Door scratching in and out at night

(10 Posts)
flumpybear Fri 29-Jul-16 20:27:00

How the hell do I stop my 15 month old cat scratching to go in and out 2-3 times each night?! We're in a bungalow and the back doors are in our bedroom!!! I have a separate garage/utility room with a cat flap ..... I may actually try putting all their food out there, plus them, at bedtime except all week I've fallen asleep on the sofa as I'm so tired ..... Nothing to do with wine hmm

Wolfiefan Fri 29-Jul-16 20:30:55

In and outside at night. Our cats stay in at night. Less risk of accident or injury.

cozietoesie Fri 29-Jul-16 20:48:06

Do they have litter trays inside? I'd set those up if not and then hang tough on a curfew. smile

Tiggeryoubastard Fri 29-Jul-16 20:52:19

You need a dickpit
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/_chat/2696531-Things-quite-possibly-only-said-in-your-house?pg=1&order=

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 29-Jul-16 21:01:25

I lock mine in the utility room overnight. He has a tray, food, water, a dog bed (with igloo top for winter, I didn't think the hot water bottle was enough), a blanket and two scratch posts.

It's much safer for them to be in at night.

cozietoesie Fri 29-Jul-16 21:07:01

You mean it's not a heated dog bed?

DH is missing a trick there. grin

Tiggeryoubastard Fri 29-Jul-16 21:08:01

^inside, a fur coat, igloo top AND hot water bottle? Is that all? Oh you negligent woman. That poor, hard done to kitty. grin the things we do.

Wolfiefan Fri 29-Jul-16 21:08:23

And is he neutered? Much less tendency to roam when they are.

Tiggeryoubastard Fri 29-Jul-16 21:11:26

Mine are neutered,it's not so much roaming as 'need out, now, desperate', 10 mins later 'let me in, like yesterday, I could be murdered' 10 mins later 'need out - you get the jist.

flumpybear Fri 29-Jul-16 21:44:42

She's a girl! I think I need a dick pit in the utility room!!! Or lolly house as my then two year ind christened it as we house the ice lollies there lol - thanks guys starstarstar

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now