Cats are so contrary aren't they?

(15 Posts)
Fluffycloudland77 Sun 24-Jul-16 22:16:41

Finally decided to let the cat sleep with us last night with warnings of what I would do if he poked me in the mouth to wake me at 4am.

10 minutes after lights out the miaowing started so I went to set the utility room up for him & he was sitting on his blanket waiting for me to finish.

Tonight he's going down as usual, probably with the customary miaow of "but I don't want to go to bed"

Destinysdaughter Sun 24-Jul-16 22:19:32

Yes! Out wants to come in. In wants to go out. Ad infinitum.....😁

cozietoesie Sun 24-Jul-16 22:26:16

They like routines. (But often don't pass up the opportunity to grumble about them.)

RubbishMantra Mon 25-Jul-16 12:51:55

I'm really lucky with my 2 <not a stealth boast, honest>

I usually go up before them, little M always comes to join me, and he sleeps nicely, in the crook of my legs or on the pillow next to me, and doesn't stir until I do. MCat usually sleeps on the bed, but down the end, near my feet.

Just remembered when LM woke me up by upending a pint of orange squash all over me from the nightstand that I'd taken up with me. Wasn't amused. He was though.

sonlypuppyfat Mon 25-Jul-16 12:55:05

My cat likes to stand in the middle of the road, but if he's on your lap and someone coughs upstairs he thinks he's going to die

RubbishMantra Mon 25-Jul-16 13:01:22

grin @ he thinks going to die

Toddlerteaplease Mon 25-Jul-16 13:28:14

One of my cats snores very loudly. And due to her flat face can't drink out of her cup or groom her self quietly. They were banned fto my bedroom as they were so noisy but then her not very bright sister learned to head butt the door open!

NarcyCow Mon 25-Jul-16 13:41:51

One of mine is pretty much permenantly attached to DH. She adores him, follows him around the house singing to him, sleeps as close to his face as she can get without actually climbing up his nose, sits on his lap or in his undies when he's on the loo. I barely get a look-in (thankfully the other one likes me!).

Last night we were sprawled on the couch and DHcat climbed up onto my chest and leaned on my face, purring and headbutting me. I told DH how privileged I felt to be getting all the snuggles for a change, and nuzzled happily into her. A few minutes later she climbed over onto DH and he noticed that she had shit all over her backside. Which she had clearly been trying to wipe off onto me rather than sully DH with it.

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 25-Jul-16 13:54:34

That is HARSH. I would put her on SMARTPRICE food for that.

TroysMammy Mon 25-Jul-16 18:11:09

My cat Troy would come downstairs at 9.55pm. He would sit looking at me and as soon as News at 10 came on he would be fussing around. If I said "Is it time for bed?" He would meow and continue fussing until I was walking up the stairs. He would then race up the stairs ahead of me and go into the bathroom, jump on the toilet seat and then stand on his back legs with paws on my shoulder whilst I cleaned my teeth. When I had a pee he would also have one in his litter tray.

Troy died from heart failure 2 1/2 months ago at the age of 5 and I miss our night time routine.

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 25-Jul-16 18:22:17

Troy sounds awesome flowers

ItchyFoot Mon 25-Jul-16 19:14:43

Our little cat yells at us if we go to bed too late. She's a very vocal siamese.

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 25-Jul-16 19:19:53

I wonder if ours tells the other cats "I have her trained now, I go to sleep on the throw she bought in a futile attempt to save the bedding, then she slides her hands under me to carry me down to my blanket, dog bed, food, water and litter tray and I stay there all night. He makes her do it every night so I'll like him more but I know who feeds me".

Maybe he secretly likes it.

cozietoesie Mon 25-Jul-16 19:43:48

He might think it but do you really believe that ASBO actually talks to other cats? grin

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 25-Jul-16 19:55:11

He used to have friends. The ginger boy & the little black cat who was actually massive.

It's just the last 4 years that he's been a bit territorial. One day all the cats round here will get on. Obviously not today because he had a scrap with his nemesis, the B&W boy who doesn't look quite right if you know what I mean.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now