The crying when i leave the room is breaking my heart!

(13 Posts)
EachandEveryone Fri 22-Jul-16 13:15:27

What has become of me? I cant do anything its like having a toddler she even watches me pee. Ive locked her in the kitchen i havent been out for three days.msges crying like mad. I cant give her the run of the flat though. Not yet.

Is it normal for them to cry when you leave the room? Can i do anything?
Funnily she doesnt do it at bed time. I put her in the kitchen and she seems to sleep all night. Unless its me thats dead to the world.

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 22-Jul-16 18:30:10

Why can't she come out yet?

EachandEveryone Fri 22-Jul-16 18:44:37

She can but not when I'm going out. There's too many books and cranny a. She's asleep on the sofa right now. When I go out she literally runs to the door with me in terrified she'll shoot out one of these days.

RubbishMantra Fri 22-Jul-16 18:44:37

Is she newly rescued? If so, could be separation anxiety, or abandonment issues.

EachandEveryone Fri 22-Jul-16 18:45:21

Nooks not books! Although I do worry about her dragging the book shelf down.

cozietoesie Fri 22-Jul-16 18:51:28

That's what my bonded Siamese boys have all been like. smile They almost can't conceive of being apart from you - they're so fascinated with their life that they want to share everything with you.

And then some! grin

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 22-Jul-16 18:51:59

I think you can get soft toys with heartbeats for them.

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 22-Jul-16 18:55:43

You can tether bookshelves to the wall & blue tack ornaments down.

Is she very young?.

EachandEveryone Fri 22-Jul-16 19:09:05

Nine weeks. I've just caught her eating sitting on my best coffee table eating apple strudel watching The Wire. She's made herself right at home. There's noway she can have the run of the flat if I'm not here. Let's see how long that lasts,

RubbishMantra Fri 22-Jul-16 20:31:47

Like Fluffy says, you can get L shaped brackets to attach bookshelves to the wall. <looks sadly at lovingly painted and aged china cabinet and fervently hopes insurance will pay out>

I live in a Victorian cottage, which has loads of places for Little M to hide in, but he never did. To ease your mind, you could get her a Loca8tor that goes on her (quick release snap off) collar. Please don't ever use the elasticated ones, can cause hideous injuries and death. Oh, and snip the bell off the collar. It freaks them out, and just makes them more stealthy hunters.

Looks like you have your weekend planned then - B&Q then a bit of DIY to kitten-proof the flat. grin

EachandEveryone Fri 22-Jul-16 20:42:00

Sadly my weekend is spent working two 12 hour shifts which is why I'm feeling so said ding guilty. I'll see her in the morning and not til the evening. I've got the flat cat window guards I'm just debating whether I can risk leaving the window open while I'm at work.

RubbishMantra Fri 22-Jul-16 21:42:03

My Devon Rex flings himself at the FlatCat, and sticks to it like a velcro wall, using his claws. I've had it a couple of years now, and not once has it given way to his (very slightly) rotund self. He weighs about 4.5 kilos, so much more than a kitten.

Just run your fingers around the velcro bit to ensure they're properly stuck - for your own peace of mind.

Toddlerteaplease Sat 23-Jul-16 09:54:07

Could you invest in a camera to keep An eye on them while you are at work? . I've got one that I use when I go on holiday. It takes pictures of their is any movement and has a live stream. It's very reassuring just to see that they are happily fast asleep.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now