When to let LBK out?

(8 Posts)
FeedMyFaceWithJaffaCakes Tue 19-Jul-16 15:49:02

Our LBK is 16 weeks and were wondering when to let him out, so far he's only been in the garden with our supervision. he's had all his jabs and chip. Vet says he can't be neutered till 6 months. He won't keep a collar on unfortunately, we've tried 3 types and he just paws at them till the clasp Spring open.
Advise us please smile

Costacoffeeplease Tue 19-Jul-16 15:55:20

I don't let any of my kittens out until they've been spayed/neutered (I have 15 cats and a 5 week old kitten I've been bottle feeding since she was a few hours old)

Wolfiefan Tue 19-Jul-16 15:58:33

He's far too little. Keep him in until he's neutered. And teach him to come when you call or whistle.

cozietoesie Tue 19-Jul-16 16:49:22

Hormones can start earlier than you might anticipate in some cats. I'd keep him in/not give him free rein until he's neutered.

FeedMyFaceWithJaffaCakes Tue 19-Jul-16 17:45:04

Just to add,
He does come to his name and when he's in the garden, he comes in when we shake a bag of treats and call smile okay, few more weeks to go yet then, thank you everyone.

cozietoesie Tue 19-Jul-16 17:53:51

He might be as biddable as anything right now but once those hormones start - which could be anytime soon - he could be over the fence and away before you had time to do anything! Best be ultra careful.

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 19-Jul-16 19:34:59

His hormones haven't kicked in yet, our relatives cat didn't make six months because the owner didn't want to pay for neutering 😡

FeedMyFaceWithJaffaCakes Wed 20-Jul-16 00:48:35

He's a funny little sausage, he definitely wants to make an escape!
Don't worry he'll be neutered as soon as 6 months comes along.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now