What could be wrong with my cat?

(4 Posts)
Rollergirl1 Thu 14-Jul-16 14:13:05

He is a 4yr old British Shorthair. The breed are stocky cats in general but he has always probably been a bit on the big side (just over 6kg). We cut his food down and he did loose some weight (down to 5kg). Now he has lost even more and is actually looking quite scraggy.

He is eating as usual and still seems to have his usual appetite, as he is actively seeking out food. I have noticed also that he is excessively licking and scratching himself. I have checked him over and can't see anything untowards wrong.

He is treated for fleas and worms regularly and cannot see any fleas or anything else on him. I don't know what his poos are like as he goes outside.

What could be wrong with him?

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 14-Jul-16 15:57:52

I don't know but he needs to see the vet. He doesn't sound in great condition.

NarcyCow Thu 14-Jul-16 16:15:29

My two are licking and scratching a lot more at the moment because it's hot and they're shedding like crazy. Could that be something to do with it?

Rollergirl1 Thu 14-Jul-16 21:00:25

I've booked him in to the vets tomorrow.

He is out all night and I know he is killing lots of mice. There are also two foxes that frequent our run of back gardens that I have seen him with. I don't know if it's possible but just a bit worried that he might have caught something.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now