Is this everything I need for kittens?

(15 Posts)
someonescj Wed 06-Jul-16 19:21:58

I'm picking up 2 gorgeous kittens on Saturday and I'm going out shopping for everything tomorrow and this is what I plan on getting:
Cat food
Treats
Litter tray and litter
Food and water bowls
Cat tree and scratching post
Toys
Carrier for vets visits

I'm taking them to the vets for another health check and microchipping and book them in to be neutered and will have a feliway plugged in ready for bringing them home.

I've only ever had adult cats before so this is all new to me

Papergirl1968 Wed 06-Jul-16 19:38:38

Bed. Although they will no doubt stake a claim on the sofa...
A plastic mat is good for putting under food bowls.
Collar if you are going to use one (I don't).
Grooming brush.

Papergirl1968 Wed 06-Jul-16 19:39:02

Ps don't forget to post a pic!

someonescj Wed 06-Jul-16 20:05:38

A bed would be a good idea if they don't like the beds on the cat tree, anti slip mats are sorted as well as I have a dog I've got spares.

I've got a very fidgety picture, meet Penelope and Dexter

Papergirl1968 Wed 06-Jul-16 20:12:23

Ahh, they are gorgeous. The tabby reminds me of my boy smile

puggymummy1 Wed 06-Jul-16 20:31:03

Yeah, we have a new kitten and I would get a collar. So far, the pug squeezes into the little cat bed, the kitten sleeps in the double dog bed and the pug cross thing is on the floor! I have given up with a separate water bowl as the kitten prefers the dog water bowl or the tap!

someonescj Wed 06-Jul-16 20:32:43

Thank you, their markings are gorgeous Dexter has a heart on his back I'll have to take a photo of when I pick them up, their sister is going to my mum who lives just around the corner from me smile

someonescj Wed 06-Jul-16 20:34:02

Is there any particular collar that you'd recommend? I'm scared they might get caught on something

freetrampolineforall Wed 06-Jul-16 20:46:26

Get a few scratch posts and google Jackson Galaxy - USA cat behaviourist. They are gorgeous. Have lots of fun.

someonescj Wed 06-Jul-16 21:00:14

I've ordered a smartcat ultimate sisal scratch post I've read really good reviews, will look at the behaviourists advice thanks smile

puggymummy1 Wed 06-Jul-16 21:15:39

Get a collar that can snap open. Oh, we also got this

SplodgeBear1988 Wed 06-Jul-16 21:58:53

A litter tray each?
Litter tray mat to stop it getting it trod around the house?
Catnip?
We have a pet safe water fountain for our cats, as I was getting fed up of cleaning paw prints out of the bath and sinks and now we wouldn't live without it!

BorpBorpBorp Thu 07-Jul-16 14:17:25

They are gorgeous kitties. I would add nitrile/vinyl gloves for dealing with the litter tray (and anything unspeakable that may happen elsewhere).

someonescj Thu 07-Jul-16 14:46:57

I've ordered a cat tree today will be coming Saturday similar to pugmummy1's also have the gloves covered, used to be a hair dresser so have loads.
The water fountain sounds like a good idea I think the dog would like it as well.
I'm so excited about them coming!

puggymummy1 Thu 07-Jul-16 19:02:40

Toki loves his cat tree. Good luck with your new babies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now