Concerned about my baby girl

(2 Posts)
francis223 Sat 02-Jul-16 23:04:04

Was at the vets yesterday, she's had runny poos for a while (since we adopted her back in April off and on) but I put that down to the Felix that she insists on eating (has refused to eat any other better quality wet food).

In the past few weeks, I've noticed her back twitching and her licking her lips a lot.

In the past four days, her poos turned watery and yellow, and leaky. Have been wiping her bottom bless her.

Yesterday the vet just advised me that her temp was quite high, gave her an injection (didn't specify what) and told me to feed her on a gentle dry food - Virbac 'Digestive' for diarrhoea. She's a fussy thing but is eating it quite readily and is drinking plenty of water with it.

The leaky yellow poop has stopped, I've just scooped a runny poop out of the tray.

She's not her chirpy, vocal self. Her eyes look so lifeless and sleepy, she's moving slower although she is wandering into the garden and darting around every so often.

The rescue had her down as 18 months back in April so she's only a young thing. She's been spayed. Worming up to date.

Any advice/guidance/experience greatly appreciated. Hate seeing her so down.

YesItsMeIDontCare Sat 02-Jul-16 23:47:09

I have no advice, I'm sorry OP.

Don't know if it helps, but I once had a cat who had runny poo all the time and although the vets gave me various things for it I remember being told that sometimes it was just "one of those things" and the cat didn't really have a problem with it. Iyswim. He was always miserable on meds.

Only real option is back to the vets. Have you contacted the Rescue? They may have more medical history.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now