Will they get along?

(5 Posts)
Misssss Mon 20-Jun-16 19:41:46

We bought two adorable girl kittens at the weekend, they are settling in nicely and I'm excited about seeing them grow.

Last week we enquired about rehoming a five year old boy Bengal, he's been neutered, well looked after etc. It fell through but now the owners are keen again.

Would it be madness to take him on? Ideally they will live together and be best friends but I don't want to stress either the kittens or the young man. Advice please, I'm not a massively experienced cat servant!

cozietoesie Mon 20-Jun-16 21:04:11

It depends on the cats almost entirely. He might be a submissive type, although he's a Bengal, and willing to cede dominance to two girls, probably acting in concert. On the other hand he might be feisty and not prepared to give quarter to anyone.

I just don't know - but on balance, I probably wouldn't risk it with that breed. They can sometimes be a little .....forceful. Have you been to meet him?

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 22-Jun-16 13:31:18

Why are they looking to rehome him? That's the question.

cozietoesie Wed 22-Jun-16 13:36:05

Yes indeed.

Misssss Thu 23-Jun-16 07:44:40

Thanks! I declined in the end. They said they wanted to rehome because the woman was pregnant and they weren't sure how he would react around a baby. Then in the next breath they said that they had two under fives and a ten year old and that the cat was great with them.

They were also really keen for me to go buy a cat carrier so I could take him away the same evening. Too many red flags in the end so I declined. Massive shame because he was just beautiful. I'm smitten with the two little balls of fluff currently tearing around my living room, I wouldn't have wanted to stress them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now