Do you dry your cats?

(21 Posts)
TheCatWhat Sun 19-Jun-16 20:46:25

Silly question but kitten has just come in absolutely drenched and a bit smelly. He is frantically cleaning himself but should I give him a helping hand?

cozietoesie Sun 19-Jun-16 20:48:35

Sure - why not? A quick go over with a towel might help a lot.

TheSolitaryBoojum Sun 19-Jun-16 20:50:49

We always use one of those microfibre cloths, soft and very absorbent.
Otherwise they roll on the carpet, the furniture and the bedding to dry off.
They always enjoy being dried and purr loudly.

blamethecat Sun 19-Jun-16 20:51:08

We had a cat who I swear went out in the rain just so we could dry him. He used to come in miaow, jump on the cat tower and wait for one of us to dry him while he purred his head off.

SciFiFan Sun 19-Jun-16 20:51:43

Yes I've given my cats a quick rub with a towel if they're sodden. They seem to quite enjoy it.

FoxesOnSocks Sun 19-Jun-16 20:53:02

Yes I do if he's wet enough for soggy paw prints.

Hopelass Sun 19-Jun-16 20:55:00

We rub her down with some kitchen roll classy if she's really soggy. She looks like this --> angry when we do though so it isn't appreciated.

TheGirlOnTheLanding Sun 19-Jun-16 20:55:21

Yes - just had to half an hour ago when BiteyCat nipped out for a pee and came back inside soaking wet. He doesn't appreciate it much but forgiveness can be bought with dreamiest and/or a slice of ham.

TheQuestingVole Sun 19-Jun-16 20:56:57

Yes, they like being wiped down with a nice warm heated towel if I have one I am clearly too soft hearted

TheSpottedZebra Sun 19-Jun-16 20:57:25

I have one of them, blame . Well, he mostly waits obediently yet loudly in the kitchen. He does have his own towel though. And he likes it warmed on the radiator in winter.

Vinorosso74 Sun 19-Jun-16 20:58:48

Mine likes the hairdryer.... Just on a low warm setting so it's not too noisy or hot. I wish I had a picture but she purrs away nose in the air.

TheCatWhat Sun 19-Jun-16 21:00:45

Thank you! He's been sat on my knee cleaning himself and my pjs are now a bit damp. Had to manoeuvre him off to get the towel and another beer

usual Sun 19-Jun-16 21:02:32

My cat refuses point blank to go out in the rain, so he never really gets wet grin

cozietoesie Sun 19-Jun-16 21:17:25

usual grin

At least cats appreciate the help, usually. Our dogs have always given us the impression that they're indulging this 'weird thing' that humans have about being dry. wink

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Sun 19-Jun-16 21:21:10

Idiotcat really prefers to come in to the sitting room and shake himself like a dog.

But if we see him he gets picked up in a towel, rolled over like a baby, and depending on his mood will either let you rub him down a little or will fight himself free.

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 19-Jun-16 21:34:48

Dh does but I don't.

laidbackneko Sun 19-Jun-16 23:05:35

We have a leaky shower head and ours waits until the last person has finished showering and jumps in for hers grin

cozietoesie Mon 20-Jun-16 00:10:39

Weird. smile

DramaAlpaca Mon 20-Jun-16 00:16:24

My old boy actually demands to be dried with a towel when he comes in rocking the soggy otter look. He yowls at us until we comply. We even have a basket of cat towels for the purpose.

Ginger mog graciously allows the dogs to lick him dry.

FastWindow Mon 20-Jun-16 00:16:35

One of ours likes to sit in the kitchen sink and play with the drips from the tap. Same cat came in soaked from the Amazonian weather we've been having lately (our other two sought immediate, dry shelter) and very much enjoyed being towelled down. The big softy.

Cats are weird.

Carapepi77 Mon 20-Jun-16 00:20:33

My cat loves getting dried. He comes in meowing like mad and purrs even louder when I dry him. He also like to walk around with the towel draped over him. Thinks he's the bee's knees.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now