Insurance For Older Cat

(3 Posts)
bushtailadventures Mon 13-Jun-16 19:39:38

We've just had our renewal notice through for the cats insurance. Younger cats premiums for the year are £70, older cats premiums are £267. Older cat is 13 and has never had health problems. I want to keep her insured because her mother and grandmother both had kidney problems, but I'm wondering if I have the best cover for her at the moment.

If anyone has any recommendations I would be very grateful, comparing different policies is giving me a headache smile

Vinorosso74 Mon 13-Jun-16 19:52:44

If you have a lifetime policy I would stick with it unless the maximum claim amount is low. We switched from a lifetime policy when our cat was 12 as it suddenly shot up to be very expensive-£50 a month with a low maximum claim of £1000 per condition per year up to £4000. We had made no claims either!
Due to age of cat we weren't able to get lifetime cover but went with a Petplan policy which covers each condition for a year. Of course 6 months after switching cat developed health problems. They have paid up fine. I think we pay £21/£22 a month.
Am not sure if any companies will start a new lifetime policy for 13yo cat but I may be wrong!

pambeesley Wed 15-Jun-16 09:56:47

My cats are 12 and have CKD.

My insurance policy is my credit card sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now