Where is a cat's belly button?!

(16 Posts)
StillMedusa Thu 09-Jun-16 23:42:30

They must have one!
As Obie is being weirdly friendly and is sans fur, I have spent the last half an hour caressing his baldy fuzzy tum, and searching fora belly button grin. I can't see one..not even a hint of one. a ton of pink nipples, yes but no belly button. Do they just disappear?

Wolfiefan Thu 09-Jun-16 23:43:33

Cats are Gods.
Gods don't have belly buttons.
Just slaves.
grin

apatheticfallacy Thu 09-Jun-16 23:47:19

Careful what you play with whilst searching grin

hollinhurst84 Thu 09-Jun-16 23:49:40

Ollie now thinks his hooman is a weirdo for turning him upside down to stare at his belly
Google was much more helpful
However, the cat's navel is nothing like ours. It is hidden under its fur and resembles a scar, rather than the typical human's round or oval-shaped navel. This is because it is the remnants of the umbilical cord which the mother cat cuts with her teeth just after the kitten is born

StillMedusa Thu 09-Jun-16 23:53:36

I just googled and read that. I can't even find a tiny scar (and he really is BALD right now!)
Obie however is sprawled on his back, legs akimbo going ' yeah just keep stroking me, left a bit, right a bit...'

I am LOVING this change in personality! grin Who knew, I had a Maine Coon who hated his fur !!!

hollinhurst84 Fri 10-Jun-16 00:03:37

I'm not upending Ollie again. He's looking at me suspiciously grin

Lonecatwithkitten Fri 10-Jun-16 07:39:16

The 'scar' is tiny only really visible when you do a total shave for surgery. On some cats you can feel it when they are stood up, but only if you know where and what to feel. Most cats hate you touching it.

DropYourSword Fri 10-Jun-16 07:42:30

* heads off to shave cat *

#NOT a euphemism

cozietoesie Fri 10-Jun-16 09:27:38

Enough of belly-button searching, Medusa. How's the new grooming regime going? smile

StillMedusa Fri 10-Jun-16 16:42:06

Well he hasn't got a lot to groom at the mo grin but I'm doing his head/tail and spending lots of time just touching him, as he has always been a bit averse. He definitely has more fuzz today and I have ordered some new grooming tools to see if we can accustom him to them (he HATES the furminator) before he has anything worth grooming smile

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 10-Jun-16 17:45:31

In order to stop any more cats being up ended here is a photo.

Because I know some of you have already had a feel & it's too warm for belly button shenanigans.

TroysMammy Fri 10-Jun-16 20:33:55

My old cat O'Malley had a small, round bald patch on his belly. When he was lying on his back I used to tickle him there, he loved it.

MajesticSeaFlapFlap Fri 10-Jun-16 20:42:27

Lucys refusing to let me squidge round her belly anymore.
Couldnt feel anything other that her portly tummy

cozietoesie Fri 10-Jun-16 20:46:33

Oh - that cheeky little face poking through! smile

6cats3gingerkittens Fri 10-Jun-16 22:16:44

If they have all their fur it shows as a small roundish bald spot. Its difficult to find but l could always feel a sort of dimple in the underlying muscle layer
of Tosspot's tummy.

RubbishMantra Mon 13-Jun-16 13:55:47

Ooh, I'll have to look for Little Monsieur's, next time he's lying on his back. Should be easy to see, because he's got a baldy tum, with just a couple of random curly tufts.

His legs are the funniest, curly trousers on the outside, pink bald (peach fuzzy) skin on the inners.

When he sits down, he has a little pink paunch.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now