how to keep the flat clean

(8 Posts)
evuscha Sun 05-Jun-16 20:53:48

Dear cat owners,

I am moving to the UK with my two long-hair cats and I would like some tips for products to keep the flat clean. Mostly:

1. Vacuum cleaner - that is good for pet hair. I have found this one that might be good enough (it is a fairly small flat I will live in), does anybody have it or any other Vax - Pet one?

2. Washing machine - how do you protect yours from the persistent cat hair everywhere?

3. Litter Champ - is what I have been using up until now but I would like something similar but smaller - is there any smaller version of it? (the original one is 26 x 24 x 49.5cm)

Any other cleaning tips will be also much appreciated smile

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 05-Jun-16 21:20:19

Unless your ground floor the flat will need carpet, I'd get a Miele cat and fog vacuum.

A tumble dryer is good for de fluffing everything, as is regular grooming.

No idea on the litter though.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 06-Jun-16 17:51:37

Meile cat and dog vacuum or Dyson Animal.

DigestiveBiscuit Mon 06-Jun-16 18:39:13

I have lived with cats all my life, and it has never occurred to me that washing machines came into the picture - except to make sure, the cat has not got in it, before switching it on!

I have a Dyson Animal.

evuscha Mon 06-Jun-16 22:46:23

Thank you for the vacuum cleaner tips!

About the washing machine - well my cats have both long hair (one black, one white/beige) so my clothes/bedsheets etc always seem to be covered in it. I was hoping to find something that "catches" the hair inside the washing machine instead of it staying in, damaging the filter and sticking to other (not yet covered) clothes. Hope it makes sense grin

Love my cats to bits but I would like to keep the place reasonably tidy!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 06-Jun-16 23:15:22

Tumbling catches cat hair and you can pick it out of the filter.

Toddlerteaplease Fri 10-Jun-16 21:38:50

Dyson v6animal is brilliant

Toddlerteaplease Fri 10-Jun-16 21:39:30

I put the turbine on and Hoover the bed and the sofa.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now