guilt!

(7 Posts)
YoureAllABunchOfBastards Fri 03-Jun-16 09:51:18

We are going away for a night. Having agonised over it, DH has just taken Big Ginge and Little Ginge to the cattery til tomorrow.

We have only had them a few weeks. We thought it would be better than leaving them home alone until late Saturday and it is a brilliant cattery - have used it for years.

I hope they don't think they are being abandoned. Bloody cat guilt.

cozietoesie Fri 03-Jun-16 10:24:15

Just wait until you return and are given the Big Sulk. Then you'll really be made to feel bad! grin

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 03-Jun-16 10:47:42

It'll get them used to it. Of course they'll tell you how awful it was.

Ours is chilled until he spots me spying on him, then he starts.

cozietoesie Fri 03-Jun-16 11:02:42

I can't board out Seniorboy but I certainly won't take any nonsense about going to the vet in his box. He's just told it's 'Business' and to be quiet. wink (The Lodger also.)

The big thing for them, I think, is the 'returning home'. My current lad, for example, used to be a vet-phobic but now he trusts that he'll go back to his normal routine soon enough.

Toddlerteaplease Fri 03-Jun-16 13:24:53

My pair have a cat sitter, last time I was away my friend went in everyday for a couple of hours to see them etc and my parents had a 50 mile round trip to see they were OK and I still got the big sulk when I got home. It was quite funny, but not so much at two am when they were walking all over me for the third time! grin

YoureAllABunchOfBastards Sat 04-Jun-16 19:12:11

I think they have forgiven us, although they hVen't come for their usual settle on the sofa.

Rookie mistake when getting them - gave Little Ginge a cuddle but he spotted the cat box and clawed my neck: couldn't bloody detach him!

cozietoesie Sat 04-Jun-16 19:26:30

Yes. Home is the place for cuddles. It's strictly business until that point.

Never mind - you'll know better next time. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now