Help with my kitten

(6 Posts)
bethanyltowers95 Tue 31-May-16 12:34:08

My kitten was sick about 4 times last night and not pooped since sunday night. He is eating and drinking (small ammounts but still drinking) will only eat wet food. Very active. When he was sick my partner said it looked like it had tissue paper in the vomit. Could he have worms ? Hes not pooped so i cant check his stool ?

BeBopTalulah Tue 31-May-16 14:07:43

What age is he? I'd probably phone the vet for advice at least. He may still be running around but if he's dehydrated it will hit him hard and quite quickly if he's very small. Kittens should be wormed monthly for several months initially as a worm burden can be devastating to a little one.

RubbishMantra Tue 31-May-16 16:35:33

Agree with BeBop, re. vets.

Even if it's not worms, he may have eaten loo paper/tissues which have likely cause a blockage. My littlest was obsessed with loo paper as a kitten.

RubbishMantra Tue 31-May-16 16:38:40

* If he's sick again (or poos), bag it up in a sandwich/freezer bag so you can take that to the vet when you bring him in, so they can analyse it.

bethanyltowers95 Tue 31-May-16 18:15:28

Vets advised me to give him scrammbled egg and boiled chicken for 24 hours instead of cat food. And if no luck them worm him but they dont want me to do both together incase it masks the real problem. Been sick another 3 times today but has done loads of wees and 1 poop. Drinking water fine out of a glass. Checked sick and poop for signs of worms but couldnt see any

Wolfiefan Tue 31-May-16 18:18:17

How old is he? Where did he come from? How long have you had him?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now