Bloody Cats and the Whoosey DH

(4 Posts)
Icequeen01 Mon 30-May-16 13:24:19

So my two gorgeous ginger boys are absolute buggers for bringing home a whole array of live and dead "presents". Got up this morning to find out coat cupboard door open and the cats showing some unusual interest. Hubby is home but will not investigate - he's scared, doesn't like mice. His voice takes on this sort of high pitched quality. Just to explain my DH is a 6' 1" recently retired DCI on a major crime unit but he's petrified of a flaming mouse.

I then have to put my hand in each shoe/trainer/boot to check to see if the mouse is hiding in there, occasionally screaming when I pretend to find it. Each time DH jumps about 10 feet in the air - it's hilarious. Eventually did find the poor thing. It's a medium sized mouse but my God DH is off again - "it's a rat, it's a rat! " I managed to scoop the dear little thing, who seems unscathed from his little adventure, into a box and set it free in the garden. Hubby now trying to calm himself!

DH free to a good home anyone?

Toddlerteaplease Mon 30-May-16 14:28:33

I'd take him, we'd make a good pair, I'm terrified of rodents. That's one reason I have Persians. Coz they are too thick to hunt!

RubbishMantra Mon 30-May-16 14:37:19

Before DH and I moved in together, him and MCat lived in a rural area.

Checking shoes for mice became a habit, one day DH drove about half an hour, put his hand in his pocket for a cigarette, and there was a live mouse in there.

The body count/kidnapped wildlife has gone down since MCat became a "Townie", but the Frog Incident shat me up a bit. It was making a screaming noise, like a toddler! I rescued it, unharmed, but they're slippery buggers!

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 30-May-16 14:40:56

Our Persian male could hunt. Being 14lb and bright white never held him back in life.

Dh manages to be out when ours brings home prey.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now