Kitten food or cat food?

(6 Posts)
Boltonlass1972 Sun 29-May-16 07:55:31

How long realistically do people buy kitten food for? I know Whiskas would have us do so until the age of 1 due to different amounts of protein etc.. But realistically?

iloveeverykindofcat Sun 29-May-16 08:10:53

I did it for a year, but it probably isn't necessary. A good quality food should be suitable for all ages. According to our vet, kitten food is higher in calories and fat and comes in smaller chunks. If a kitten is small or not thriving it can be useful, but if the kitten is growing and eating well and has plenty of energy it's probably fine on the cat food. In the wild they'd eat what the mother eats.

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 29-May-16 08:39:59

Till about 6 months when he became spectacularly intolerant to cereals and started vomitting and having diahroea.

He literally shrunk before my eyes so I put him on chicken instead. He thrived on that.

LilySnape Sun 29-May-16 17:13:08

My boys are 10 months and they still have Iams Kitten food i think its essential until 1 year old or 2 they're so small and still growing

RubbishMantra Sun 29-May-16 17:52:40

I gave Little Monsieur Animonda Carny Kitten and Applaws Kitten foods until a year.

Unfortunately, MCat preferred the kitten food and became rather rounded for a while.

RubbishMantra Sun 29-May-16 17:53:57

* Applaws Dry Kitten food.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now