which 'brand' of insurance have you gone for?

(6 Posts)
Gatekeeper Mon 16-May-16 10:44:32

looking into different suppliers and I really don't know which to go for. Can anyone recommend ones to me please

'Himself' is 9 and in good health

PinkSparklyPussyCat Mon 16-May-16 11:43:22

We're with Petplan. They're not the cheapest but have paid out a lot in the last few months without any problems.

Toddlerteaplease Mon 16-May-16 14:55:01

I'm with tesco. They settled a claim very quickly with no questions asked. And they were by far the cheapest with the best cover. I pay £14 a month to cover both my Persians on their top level cover.

chemenger Mon 16-May-16 15:00:53

I have mostly had Petplan over the years (and over several cats) and they have never given me any problems. Our elderly cat was with M&S and had a lot of treatment (including radioiodine for her thyroid) and again I had no problems with them. Now her premiums have gone through the roof (£800 + per year and paying the first 20% on top of the excess for each claim) so it is not worth it. I'm afraid that her quality of life (at 18) is such that putting her through any treatment that might cost that much is unlikely to be a kindness.

lavenderdoilly Mon 16-May-16 15:03:49

Pet plan were fantastic for my old girl that eventually had to be pts. My lovely new girl is also pet plan.

Gatekeeper Mon 16-May-16 16:59:28

"thanks everyone" says ol'Gingerchops Himself

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now