Natures Menu

(9 Posts)
PinkSparklyPussyCat Sun 15-May-16 17:39:42

I bought Harry a couple of pouches of Natures Menu today and I was going to give him one for dinner tonight. What am I going to get when I open the pouch - does it look like cat food or a plate of raw meat? If it's the latter he's not having it and can stick to James Wellbeloved or Wainwrights!

I also wasn't very impressed with their senior 'range' - one flavour? Depending on the answer to the above question I'll try him on the normal adult food.

NeedACleverNN Sun 15-May-16 18:36:34

It looks like a pate

My cat loved it but it was too rich for her and she kept having the squits

cozietoesie Sun 15-May-16 18:45:46

It looks like finely minced old-style cat food. Sort of 'pink' (grin) with jelly bits round the edges. (No brown colouring for the humans I guess.) I mash it with a fork into a mound in the bowl.

Seniorboy clears his plate these days. smile (Over several hours.) Make sure you give lots of fresh water nearby as usual though - he'll likely drink more if he eats it. We managed the switch to the NM Country Hunter in about two days - never thought I'd see him move from Felix to be honest.

PinkSparklyPussyCat Sun 15-May-16 18:48:26

Thanks! I'm worried about it being rich though, Harry's not allowed out after he's eaten and I don't fancy dealing with the litter tray...

cozietoesie Sun 15-May-16 18:49:49

PS - if he eats it, be prepared for some changes in poos. (A bit darker and more solid.)

cozietoesie Sun 15-May-16 18:53:06

I've not found there to be any significant smell etc - Seniorboy doesn't eat the lot in one sitting though. He gets 4/5 of a pouch twice a day and clears his plate by the time the next one is due. (He still has his in-between cold meat snack for lunch and his evening 'pudding'. blush)

cozietoesie Sun 15-May-16 19:05:29

Oh - we're using the NM Country Hunter range. That has four meaty flavours, Seniorboy really not liking fish. (I have a vague memory that Harry is a fish flavour fan though?) Seniorboy also needs a slight variation in flavours.

If I recall, they also do a 'general' range. Not quite so good but still a fine cat food I think.

PinkSparklyPussyCat Sun 15-May-16 19:18:55

Harry was a fish fan but, as I have 80 pouches of Wainwrights tuna in the cupboard he is no longer a fish fan! His latest favourite is James Wellbeloved turkey wet food which he's devouring in the kitchen at the moment. (Luckily the tuna is OK until December 2018!)

I read that Seniorboy has 4 or 5 pouches twice a day...

cozietoesie Sun 15-May-16 19:24:33

No, Sorry - that was lazy typing on my part. He has four-fifths of a pouch twice a day. So the range of four flavours does him for five meals. (Part pouches go on a special shelf in the fridge in strict rotation and keep fine.)

It was actually his Felix AGAIL system which worked fine and we've just translated it to NM.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now