I am being ridiculous, but HURRY UP!

(40 Posts)
YoureAllABunchOfBastards Fri 06-May-16 10:10:43

Having lost BastardCat on Tuesday, we really want to adopt as soon as possible. We had already been thinking about getting another cat to keep BastardCat company so have decided to go for two. We are experienced owners with lots of love to give and empty laps that need a cat on them.

Have enquired with two rescues for specific cats and heard nothing back yet. One was only an hour ago but come on....

I know I am being ridiculous. But I am at home today and I miss BastardCat like mad. DS1 comes home from a school trip today and we will have to tell him which I am dreading. I want a cat!

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 06-May-16 10:32:09

So you could have a pair of cats if you were thinking of getting another anyway.

YoureAllABunchOfBastards Fri 06-May-16 10:37:44

Yes - I have seen one beautiful pair of boys and am desperate to hear back. Have also enquired about two cats at another rescue.

I'd rather not have kittens.

I want to ring again but it would seem a bit stalker-ish. Or just plain mad.

TheGirlOnTheLanding Fri 06-May-16 15:00:13

I totally understand the cat-shaped-hole thing. When we lost LandingCat at the end of January, DH wanted to wait a while but I only coped for a week before I was on every cat rescue website in the area. Hope they get back to you soon. You wouldn't just pitch up at a rescue for a wee look? (That's how we ended up with BiteyCat, we went expecting to have to go through some sort of home check/assessment and instead came home with a cat...)

ExitPursuedByABear Fri 06-May-16 15:02:37

Back in the day when I was in the market for new cats, I simply went to the local rescue and selected two 6 week old kitties that were crawling up the cage. No home check. Nothing.

Go round and hassle them.........................

TheGirlOnTheLanding Fri 06-May-16 15:37:45

No idea where you're based, but these two have been looking for a home together for five months. If BiteyCat didn't hate every other cat he meets, I think i could be persuaded (not DH though.)

http://www.catchat.org/sheltercentre/index.php?route=shelters/cat&path=165&catid=24757

TheGirlOnTheLanding Fri 06-May-16 15:38:59

Link fail
http://www.catchat.org/sheltercentre/index.php?route=shelters/cat&path=165&catid=24757

Wolfiefan Fri 06-May-16 15:39:53

Whereabouts are you?

TheGirlOnTheLanding Fri 06-May-16 15:40:41

Gah! Don't know why it isn't taking you to the right page. It's Minstrel and Clyde, two gorgeous 2 year olds in Strathclyde.

YoureAllABunchOfBastards Fri 06-May-16 16:56:34

We are in the north east. I now have a lovely person at a rescue looking for me and have enquirers about some others. Strathclyde is a bit far, sadly!

TheGirlOnTheLanding Fri 06-May-16 18:20:34

Great that they got back to you - I'm sure it won't be long before they find you a good match.

BigcatLittlecat Fri 06-May-16 18:24:34

We lasted 5 days between our Big Cat passing away and our new kitten arriving. Best thing we did! I would call again!

springhasprung Fri 06-May-16 19:34:47

I bring my 2 kittens home in 3 weeks and I'm getting realllly impatient sad my house feels empty without a cat.

AlmaMartyr Fri 06-May-16 20:12:15

Our cat was run over this week and I know exactly how you feel. We have a big cat shaped hole and want to fill it, also looking for a pair (preferably kittens here though) but there aren't many around at the moment where we are.

I miss my lovely girl sad

RoosterCogburn Fri 06-May-16 22:11:29

I read your last thread and I'm so glad you are giving another cat a home.
Last year one of my darling girls was killed on the road - we picked up a new rescue girl 48 hours later - one of my friends said it was too soon but we knew we had a loving home for a cat and it seemed silly to wait.
12 months later our new girl is beautifully settled - she gets on with all the other cats and the dogs.
She's the youngest cat we've ever owned (usually take oldies or quite traumatised cast) so we are still astounded by her boundless energy

Ring again!

AlmaMartyr Sat 07-May-16 08:35:56

I'm so glad to read this thread actually. I've been worrying that we're not respecting our lovely girl by looking to get another cat so soon, but we feel so bereft. Nothing can replace her obviously but we just want to fill that hole.

YoureAllABunchOfBastards Sat 07-May-16 14:05:27

Two little ginger boys may or may not have found their way into the Bastard household today...

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 07-May-16 14:37:02

Photo or it didn't happen.

Youfromthefuture Sat 07-May-16 14:48:06

Agree, we need pics! I love gingers, I have one ginger boy and one black and white boy. Gingers have such beautiful faces.

YoureAllABunchOfBastards Sat 07-May-16 15:27:54

Ok, here is one of them. T'other one is a bit camera shy!

MilkTwoSugarsThanks Sat 07-May-16 15:31:25

Oh my bleedin' buggery life - just look at that face!

That's an "I'm gorgeous and I know it" face.

I have a cat shaped hole and it hurts like buggery hell.

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 07-May-16 16:19:30

He's very handsome. I'm so pleased for you all.

RoosterCogburn Sat 07-May-16 17:59:17

How lovely - wishing you many years of happiness together.

I love ginger boys -in fact II love all cats. Our dear departed ginger boy was such a character, handsome friendly and talkative. Oddly enough he was often referred to (affectionately) as The Ginger Bastard

You've also reminded me of my embarrassing moment when I was talking to him in the garden and referred to him as a gorgeous ginger beastie and looked up to see my male, red haired neighbour glaring at me and scuttling away.

TheGirlOnTheLanding Sat 07-May-16 18:11:05

Aw, he's a sweetheart. So glad you got them, you'll still miss BastardCat of course, but there's nothing better for getting over a much-loved moggie than giving a rescue or two a lovely new home.

YoureAllABunchOfBastards Sat 07-May-16 19:41:25

Finally got a pic of Cat 2

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now