Being bullied by cat...

(5 Posts)
JapanNextYear Tue 26-Apr-16 08:03:36

7 year old cat, neutered Tom, who is getting increasingly bad tempered if he doesn't get his way. Just been badly scratched on leg as stopped brushing him. He blocked the door to try and stop me leaving them launched himself at my leg.

Also does same if not fed quickly enough.

Only scratches to draw blood about 5 times a year, but I'd rather not at all. Any tips? I could brush him longer, but all day probably wouldn't be long enough...

cozietoesie Tue 26-Apr-16 08:07:26

What do you actually do when he tries to dominate you? (And succeeds from the sound of it.)

Oh - and how long have you had him/what are his/your household circumstances?

JapanNextYear Tue 26-Apr-16 08:14:44

Had him since a kitten, he's v big, about 7lbs. Live with DH and fairly often his teenage/grown up kids, who all know the cat. Nothing changed at home, he's just getting rattier. Cat has a cat flap.

He can just get really bad tempered. I'm actually quite scared of him. If he does it to DH , who the cat really likes and who is good with him, he turfs the cat out of the door. I'm too scared of him...

cozietoesie Tue 26-Apr-16 08:19:43

Personally, then, I'd just stop interacting with him - certainly in any physical way. Leave everything about him, care included, to DH.

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 26-Apr-16 16:04:35

Is he in pain?

Common causes of challenging behaviour in people are pain, tiredness & hunger.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now