New kitten questions

(6 Posts)
toomuchhappyland Tue 26-Apr-16 07:32:53

We are very experienced cat owners but our cats have always been adopted as adults from rescue - we are getting our first ever kitten this weekend (a moggie from an unexpected litter). So I'm wondering....

Good wet kitten food recommendations? She is currently on Royal Canin which I will keep her on initially but wondering if I should switch to something better when she's settled. Current adult cat has always refused all wet food but I'd like this one to stay on wet if I can.

Am thinking at first she will be shut in the kitchen when we're out (rest of house is open plan so she could get anywhere). What about at night? I'm worried she'll be lonely - should I put her in our bedroom?

Current cat is cat friendly - should I try introducing them straight away or keep them apart for a while?

Any tips for kitten proofing I haven't thought of? We've hidden wired and removed ornaments!

Here is said kitten!

cozietoesie Tue 26-Apr-16 07:58:01

Ah. A pretty little tortie. grin

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 26-Apr-16 19:15:56

She is lovely. Has your cat met a kitten before.

gingerboy1912 Tue 26-Apr-16 19:19:55

Am watching with interest as we are getting a new male kitten soon and we have a 2 year old male already.

toomuchhappyland Tue 26-Apr-16 20:28:52

Fluffy, I'm not sure - he is 3 and we got him a year ago from the RSPCA. He likes going in my neighbour's house to hang out with her cats though so he's a sociable creature.

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 26-Apr-16 20:40:21

Sounds good! I wish ours was sociable

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now