Cat-pig

(4 Posts)
TheGirlOnTheLanding Sun 24-Apr-16 15:22:20

Bitey Cat toddled out into the garden earlier and has happily been rolling in warm flower beds. Unfortunately, one of them must have had more than just earth in it: he's come in just now and all his white bits are grubby grey. He's delighted with himself and completely filthy. Brushing hasn't got it off: he has very dense thick fur and this looks almost like fine coal dust coating the top layer. We've shut all the bedroom doors so he doesn't mankify the bedding upstairs but I'm going to have to clean him aren't I? I need full-length leather gauntlets to even consider it. (Ponders unscheduled trip to B&Q.)

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 24-Apr-16 16:49:23

Damp flannel. Consider concreting everything.

grin

RubbishMantra Sun 24-Apr-16 17:08:14

Oh God, one of mine does this. He's a semi-hairless, so he's greasy breed, and he bounces onto the bed/sofa with twigs, soil and even small slugs stuck to him. It's horrible waking up to have to brush the soil out of the bed. Then there are the muddy footprints in the bathroom, where he's shuffled his (covered in soil) front paws into the toilet for a refreshing drink.

Try unscented (H20) babywipes before bathing him, therefore lessening the risk of your arms getting a skinning.

TheGirlOnTheLanding Sun 24-Apr-16 17:17:24

Went for the damp flannel - which surprisingly he didn't seem to mind that much, I guess it's rough like a mother cat's tongue - and it's filthy now but he still isn't what I'd call clean. I am debating whether he's clean enough now that I can leave him to deal with the rest. He's tucked up in his blanket in a sunbeam so dried off nicely. That's a good tip about unscented wipes - shall stock up on those next time I'm in the supermarket. Sounds like I should count my blessings - I'm very grateful slugs weren't involved!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now