Cat won't go out :-(

(4 Posts)
twinkletoedelephant Sun 24-Apr-16 14:20:15

B-cat is nearly a year old been spayed but won't go outside ( were on second floor so she would have to go down a spiral staircase cat flap leads out on stairs) she will happily sir at the top of the stairs for a bit but won't go down. When she was smaller we had a kitten lead and would take her down... She hated it.
I have carried her down the stairs....as soon as her feet hit the garden she fly's back up the stairs.
She used to have free range if the house all the time but scratched/clawed my brand new wallpaper in several spots on the first night. So she now sleeps in the kitchen ( moved her before in there) which is also where the cat flap is.
She would love it outside there's a huge field lots of mice to chace and sunny spots to sleep in.
She eats poos falls asleep in dh wardrobe comes out when the kids come hone for school for a play...goes back for another sleep on top of vivarium to watch birds in the trees comes down stairs at 8 to play laser pointer kill it now.... Dreamies at 11 then kitchen door shut till the morning. Repeat every day....
It must be boring she could be outside doing fun cat stuff....
Any suggestions to tempt her outside?!

cozietoesie Sun 24-Apr-16 14:24:21

Has she stopped destroying the wallpaper etc? If so, I'd let her be if she seems happy enough. (Some cats actively enjoy quiet indoor lives with lots of routine. smile)

cozietoesie Sun 24-Apr-16 14:26:37

PS - now that she's a bit more past the real kitten stage, though, might you see if she'd suit having free range again?

thecatneuterer Sun 24-Apr-16 14:47:00

If she really wanted to go outside she would. Maybe she will in time. In the meantime she is almost certainly safer being an indoor cat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now