Moving food & litter tray

(14 Posts)
Katymac Fri 22-Apr-16 17:43:40

We think we'd like to move the catfood and the litter tray

At the moment (against all advise) they are together in an upstairs bathroom - large food bowl, ice cream tub for water and a covered tray

So do we put an extra food & water downstairs and once he is eating remove the first lot?

But we can't afford a second tray.....so when so we move that!!

cozietoesie Fri 22-Apr-16 18:24:12

Katymac

Could you not afford an uncovered tray as a second? (I think Poundland type stores have them real cheap.)

You could really do with a second - for yourselves as a clean spare if not directly for him.

Katymac Fri 22-Apr-16 18:37:54

Well my business closed so I'm quite broke atm - I suppose I could

He is getting better about going outside but we have had an intruder so he got a bit jumpy, I might wait a bit & see

cozietoesie Fri 22-Apr-16 19:04:03

I've always just moved things and then shown them. smile (And maybe kept a weather eye open if it was getting to bedtime and they hadn't used it yet.)

Katymac Fri 22-Apr-16 21:43:53

hmm maybe - not sure he is bright enough wink despite being siamese

cozietoesie Fri 22-Apr-16 21:49:20

Primary motivations, Katymac.

Bed, litter tray and food/water. They usually clock those at an early opportunity - although they may take the opportunity to make you sweat over them. smile

Katymac Fri 22-Apr-16 22:00:14

Yes i suppose

He is having some wet food as a treat atm in order to get antibiotics into him, that might help

It's just he gets up to go to the loo in the night whenever I do then comes back to bed with smelly feet - hopefully if it's downstairs he will clean them on the carpet on the way up hmm

cozietoesie Fri 22-Apr-16 22:07:29

That's a potential difficulty. You might have to go downstairs with him the first night or two, I fear.

Katymac Fri 22-Apr-16 22:12:20

Damn &if I start I'll be making a rod for my own back

Aaarrgghh who decided I should get a cat??

cozietoesie Fri 22-Apr-16 22:37:07

Errr - you did? grin

(Spend an evening reclining on the bed reading or watching a movie (or take a Sunday afternoon snooze) and given that he'll join you, see if he know to make his way downstairs.

Neither of those occupations would be for pleasure, of course. Pure duty. grin

Katymac Fri 22-Apr-16 22:42:15

Hmm sounds like a plan

cozietoesie Fri 22-Apr-16 22:53:16

Duty - what can I say? grin

Katymac Sat 23-Apr-16 10:19:47

It's a hard life grin

cozietoesie Sat 23-Apr-16 11:19:26

I just use Seniorboy as an excuse for everything in this house.

'Have to do X because it's how Seniorboy would like it'
'Oh - OK'

'Turned the heating on for Seniorboy'
'Oh - Fine'

'Have to go for a snooze with Seniorboy'
'Oh - Right'

Sometimes it's even true! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now