Old puss- cat milk?

(4 Posts)
Draylon Tue 19-Apr-16 16:22:44

I am minding my DB's 3 cats whilst he gets a conservatory built. For various reasons they've been here 6-7 months now, which has been fine.

The old cat evidently is very arthritic, pretty thin, a bit deaf but scarfs her food (wet food pouches for 7+ years) quite happily (he is the alpha cat and comes trotting slowly over if anyone is near the food bowls) and doesn't upchuck much at all. He'll wander into the garden and find a sunny spot on a nice day or a warm spot over a hot water pipe in the house if not (they all sleep indoors with their tray in my conservatory as I know warmth is important for old pusses), but I have noticed him drinking a lot more recently which of course implies kidney problems.

I think he's at least 15 or so.

My question is, can I indulge him with cat milk? Will it do him any harm? Or just improve his final few months or year or two?

Draylon Tue 19-Apr-16 23:14:38

meow - as opposed to Bump grin

cozietoesie Tue 19-Apr-16 23:24:21

I'll confess that I don't much like the idea of cat milk but I'm indulgent as all get out when it comes to my own old lad. (He gets what he wants unless it's actively bad for him.) Does he like it?

Has he been to the vet recently by the way?

DramaAlpaca Tue 19-Apr-16 23:27:55

My old boy who's nearly 15 & arthritic goes off his food occasionally, and when he does I'll give him cat milk just to get something into him. He seems to enjoy it, and at his age I'm inclined to let him have whatever he feels like.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now