Kidney insufficiency and high blood pressure

(7 Posts)
OneFlewOverTheMumsNest Mon 18-Apr-16 12:01:04

We sadly lost our lovely boy last year to cancer. We are looking at adopt again from a local rescue shelter. There's a lovely old girl (13), who apparently is wonderful with children but has the illnesses I've mentioned. Has anyone had experience of these and any knowledge of prognosis? Eldest DD is 4 and would be devastated if we quickly lost another beloved pet. She still cries about our last one and he died almost a year ago.

OneFlewOverTheMumsNest Wed 20-Apr-16 13:24:39

Anyone?

cozietoesie Wed 20-Apr-16 15:03:04

What, if anything, did the shelter/ their vet say about her situation? And would they be picking up any future vet bills or would that be down to you?

isamonster Wed 20-Apr-16 22:14:12

I'd be wary.... I have a five year-old and an aged cat with same conditions. He will soon be 17. My daughter adores him but she worries about him dying. We spend quite a lot at the vet's, have periodic crises but he's my darling old boy and I bred him so that's how it is. I would go for a younger cat with a small child.

isamonster Wed 20-Apr-16 22:16:15

Just to add mine doesn't have high BP - sorry, I'm tired and misread. I'm not a vet but I think that's going to make things worse...

OneFlewOverTheMumsNest Sat 23-Apr-16 20:24:30

Thank you both. Sorry, I forgot to come back to this post sooner. We've decided to not get her. As much as we would love to help her, the shelter got back to us and her life expectancy is fairly short. I couldn't put DD through that so are going to go for a younger/healthier cat.

isamonster Sat 23-Apr-16 20:40:21

No problem! Good decision I suspect...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now