moving home

(7 Posts)
sillysausage16 Sun 17-Apr-16 21:00:08

Ds and I moved home yesterday and today brought our 2 furry boys to give new house. One if them is fine, eating normally and already acting like he owns the place. The other one hasn't touched his food and is hiding under the kitchen units. They are both outdoor cats it's going to be quite distressing for them to be kept inside. Any advice greatly received wink

sillysausage16 Mon 18-Apr-16 20:19:04

cozietoesie Mon 18-Apr-16 21:47:02

How are they today?

sillysausage16 Mon 18-Apr-16 23:00:01

Very moochy they want constant cuddles. I feel awful because we are out all day at school and work. At least they have eachother I suppose. The other cat has eaten thank goodness. Only one little wee accident on the floor aswell smile

cozietoesie Mon 18-Apr-16 23:06:30

If you were keeping to (broadly) the same routine as in the old place - out to school and work etc - I suspect that they might actually feel a bit reassured by that. I wouldn't feel guilty if I were you. smile

99percentchocolate Mon 18-Apr-16 23:08:54

We've moved a lot with cats, and the first day or two is always hard. Eventually they start exploring and getting to know the house. Just keep the same routine and give them some time.

cozietoesie Mon 18-Apr-16 23:12:45

My Siamese boys have always been of singular purpose. You got to a new place (we took them on holidays/trips) and they would sort of shake themselves a little when released from their case and head straight for their bed. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now