Cat off colour after vaccines

(3 Posts)
twocatsandatoddler Thu 31-Mar-16 21:50:26

I took my two cats for their vaccines earlier today. They're two, so this is the second annual booster they've had after the initial ones as kittens. Never had a bad reaction to the vaccines before.

Boy cat threw up within half an hour of getting home, and has been off colour since. He's usually super affectionate and is never far away from my lap in the evenings, but tonight I had to drag him out from where he was hiding under the bed and he's currently curled up in a ball next to me feeling sorry for himself. His sister seems absolutely fine. I know it's common for cats to be a bit off after their vaccinations, so I'm not too worried for now but has anyone else had experience of this, and how long before your cat felt better?

Bamaluz Fri 01-Apr-16 19:16:48

I hope your cat is better by now.

I had a kitten that was ill after her first vaccination, lasted 24 hours, but she was always fine after her boosters.

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 01-Apr-16 19:42:43

Mine had it on his second round of boosters, so not his full course but the boosters when he was 18m.

Very frightening but he bounced back after about 4 days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now