Neighbour won't stop feeding my cat!!

(9 Posts)
Funclesmuck Thu 31-Mar-16 16:09:31

We both live on the second floor and share a landing. Both have cats. My little (see big fat) man goes out at about seven every morning, or stays out all night if he is busy. At 8:00 am he serenades me by sitting on the wall outside and this is his breakfast time. He woofs down his pouch, has a sleep and is out for pretty much the rest of the day. However, my Neighbour is a bloody nightmare and tries to take him into her house all the bloody time. He goes in, because he's a fool. But gets stressed because she has three young kids who want to play with him. He is not a cuddler!

Anyway, back to today. He was out all night so I went out at seven, no sign of him. At eight I was listening for him, no sign. At ten he is in the landing, I let him in and give him his pouch. He then is sick everywhere. So I have kept him in and he's fine. Just saw Neighbour now who told me she took him in for breakfast angry so I told her AGAIN not to feed him, and she told me he must have eaten a bad mouse whilst out!!!! GAAAHHHH. Can I have some advice as to what to say/do to stop her please.

Funclesmuck Thu 31-Mar-16 16:10:38

Picture of the boy, just because I can! grin

MuggaTea Thu 31-Mar-16 16:32:48

tell her that he has to be on a specific diet recommended by the vet?
(he's prettyyy.....btw...)

or tell her he has fleas ?

Funclesmuck Thu 31-Mar-16 16:40:01

Thanks Tea. I will try the special diet route. And yes he is very pretty. I am a dog person and was never ever going to live with a cat. Until himself turned up in our lives.

BorisIsBack Thu 31-Mar-16 16:43:23

I had this for a bit - the neighbours wouldn't quit feeding my boy so I went all out on a cat charm offensive, lovely food and lots of treats. eventually he got the message that my house was the place to go.... It was expensive but the bloody neighbour wouldn't listen.

Funclesmuck Thu 31-Mar-16 17:06:23

Thanks Boris, my problem is that the boy is a greedy bastard who will eat everyone's food! Hence the sick fest today!

timtam23 Thu 31-Mar-16 21:48:17

I would also say that he needs prescription food and anything else will make him ill. Doesn't sound like just asking her politely to stop will get you very far.

RubbishMantra Thu 31-Mar-16 21:58:10

You can also get a (snap off safety collar) that states "Do not feed, I have special dietary needs", from Amazon and suchlike.

WalkingBlind Sat 02-Apr-16 01:23:02

Pinch her cat? blush So she can see how worrying it is.

I'm not being 100% serious there but you never know. I'd be a lot firmer when discussing it as well. Just say that he's been sick now so it's serious and if he ever eats at her house again she will be paying the very expensive vet bill. Bullshit her and say you've checked with your lawyer and it's something they can pursue.

I hate cat pinching neighbours. All my girls have "do not feed" collars on just in case but silly people don't care anyway angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now