Flea treatment (for home and cat)

(16 Posts)
sportinguista Sun 27-Mar-16 11:45:12

What is best, currently using a combo of frontline and 4 fleas spray. Some seem to have escaped nuking. I will do house again, cat doesn't seem to be scratching much since I did her.

What's effective? Are there any cunning tips?

thecatneuterer Sun 27-Mar-16 15:42:19

Frontline has lost it's effectiveness as fleas have become immune. For the cat use either Advantage, Advocate, Stronghold or Broadline. For the house Acclaim or Indorex.

cozietoesie Sun 27-Mar-16 16:20:15

Oh - and hoover hard. wink

Sallyhasleftthebuilding Sun 27-Mar-16 16:34:55

Fleas can not bite your cat - so will bite you instead - get yourself a bug spray - let them starve!

ineedamoreadultieradult Sun 27-Mar-16 16:40:16

Advantage for cat, indorex for house, hoover daily, wash bedding etc at high temps if cat bed can't be washed throw out. If fleas can't bite cats why do they live on them?

Wolfiefan Sun 27-Mar-16 16:42:13

Advocate cat. Every month.
Indorex home.
Hoover. Lots.

sportinguista Sun 27-Mar-16 16:44:25

I will have a look on Amazon. We have bug spray for humans too.

It' seems to be working to a degree but I know the worst is yet to come.

sportinguista Sun 27-Mar-16 16:45:25

Our Hoover is extraordinarily powerful so that should help!

Sallyhasleftthebuilding Sun 27-Mar-16 16:59:46

You need to deflect the cat outside as the buggers jump ship - into your carpet!

validusername Sun 27-Mar-16 17:04:34

I buy advantage for my cats, it's about £10-11 for 4 pipettes on Amazon. It's the only thing that has ever worked for my cats.

lamusic Sun 27-Mar-16 17:12:50

AVOID BOB MARTIN LIKE THE PLAUGUE

PolpoPolpo Sun 27-Mar-16 18:03:05

I second the advice to avoid Bob Martin flea treatment like the plague. I used it on my cat several years ago and within a few hours she was almost dead, thankfully we had an amazing vet who saved her. They have had to deal with this problem with Bob Martin many times before. Why they are allowed to continue selling flea drops is beyond me.

Since Frontline stopped being effective I moved to Advocate and it works really well (expensive though).

cozietoesie Sun 27-Mar-16 19:32:22

I have a vague memory that Bob Martin have changed their formulation? I still won't buy their products though.

carlaboyle1984 Sun 27-Mar-16 19:55:20

Yes! My friends cat lost sight in right eye from a Bob martin product. Do not use! X

plantsitter Sun 27-Mar-16 20:06:31

Advantage and Program injection from vets which makes the little buggers infertile. Indorex for house and vacuum and wash everything you can as hot as you can.

We recently had a horrendous infestation and this dealt with it.

sportinguista Mon 28-Mar-16 13:24:21

Might do a vets visit.

Never used Bob Martin as lady in pet shop said it was practially useless and I might as well be spraying my home with air freshener as that!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now