You know you probably have too many cats ..

(10 Posts)
coffeeisnectar Wed 23-Mar-16 14:30:45

...when you are going away for three days and your parents offer to come and feed them. When they come to visit to sort out what's kept where and which cat is fed where, they ask you to print off photos of each cat and leave details on its name and what it eats and whether it should be in or out grin

you can never have too many cats

cozietoesie Wed 23-Mar-16 14:33:31

Goodness. It would take me a page to accurately set out Seniorboy's care regime although people wouldn't need a photo. And he's a singleton!

(We don't go on holiday.)

cozietoesie Wed 23-Mar-16 14:34:50

Actually, maybe more than a single page. grin

Aphie Wed 23-Mar-16 14:37:30

When there are no cat left to look after. Also known as no such thing as too many

coffeeisnectar Wed 23-Mar-16 14:38:29

We only have four. Two boys and two girls.

Girls are allowed out but make sure they are back in before you leave.
Boys are allowed out but if they are out and don't come back, don't worry. They will hang about til you turn up again and can easily kill something to eat if they are starving.

Only three of the cats get wet food. They all know where their bowls go.

Dry food it out in four locations and two water bowls.

One of the girls looks like one of the boys, but smaller. It's easy to tell the difference. If you pick him up, you will break your back. If you pick her up she will chew your hand off grin

I will start a list of these things and make a note to never go away again.

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 23-Mar-16 16:38:58

Did you get written consent for the photos though?.

😺

isseywithcats Wed 23-Mar-16 16:51:42

i had better get some more cats then as four obviously isnt enough cos the instructions for my son when i go on holiday is let cats out the back ,get four bowls put one pouch in each bowl, let cats in put food down, afternoon let cats out the back put biscuits in four bowls let cats in put down bowls, and dont forget to clean out the litter tray and fill up the water bowl

coffeeisnectar Wed 23-Mar-16 18:52:06

No, you need a cat that won't eat any wet food, a cat that only licks the jelly off the wet food, two boys that need to eat in separate rooms and the same two boys who need to be let out of different doors or they have a barney in the garden.

Funny buggers my lot, all rescues and all so different in personalities with their different foibles but love them all the same.

whojamaflip Wed 23-Mar-16 19:11:16

We have 6 blush

2 semi feral by choice rescue boys which live out on the farm, 2 rescue girls who come in and try to stay in at all costs and 2 rescue boys who come in when they can be bothered!

coffeeisnectar Wed 23-Mar-16 20:25:51

I'm not sure I could handle six. It's chaos in here in the evenings when they all seem to have crazy hour at the same time with mostly the oldest (14) and the youngest (2) going absolutely batshit daft chasing each other, leaping over furniture and generally knocking everything over. It's great fun to watch but not if you have a cup of coffee on the table grin

I find we have to do a head count in the evening and if one of them is hiding we think it's out and then stand there shouting at the door while said cat wanders sleepily out of a box wondering why the fuck we are shouting and then demanding dreamies for the inconvenience of being woken up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now