Mr C frenzied

(17 Posts)
LanaorAna1 Fri 18-Mar-16 21:41:45

Had to change name after being busted. Sorry for the appalling choice.

Can't get Mr C to stop grooming - any ideas? His thyroid is playing up. I'm so tired - literally having to hold his paw as gently as I can to stop the scratching, everywhere. 4 huge furballs daily. Vet Tues - any thoughts till then?

cozietoesie Fri 18-Mar-16 23:08:02

A bit flummoxed on that one given the cause. Where is he grooming and with what? (I'm wondering whether there might be any chance of getting him into a BabyGro type thing - or even a cone of shame? )

LanaorAna1 Fri 18-Mar-16 23:28:44

Grooming his side - i hope he's not in pain - and his poor hip, and madly ear scratching. His poor little back legs are getting very wobbly as well. He is eating and purring, however.

Cone of shame brilliant idea cozie. How are you and Seniorboy this evening.

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 18-Mar-16 23:34:53

Cut up leggings might work. He hasn't got a flea allergy has he?.

LanaorAna1 Fri 18-Mar-16 23:42:46

No he hasn't got fleas.

Mind you, DM caught fleas from Easyjet a couple of weeks ago then came over for lunch.She might have put my little prince at risk!!!!!! I shall go NC at once.

Way to go with the leggings, I've just dug a pair out and am doing a St Laurent on them with the kitchen scissors as we speak.

LanaorAna1 Fri 18-Mar-16 23:43:33

How is ASBO?

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 19-Mar-16 07:57:55

Sprayed on mil's coat last night. In front of everyone. She tried to kill him with the Christmas tree 5 years ago so we think their even now.

Did the leggings work?.

cozietoesie Sat 19-Mar-16 09:12:55

Hah!

Do you think he remembers the event?

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 19-Mar-16 09:22:10

Well for years afterwards he'd be going out the cat flap as soon as he heard her voice.

LanaorAna1 Sat 19-Mar-16 11:29:38

I am so impressed with the plucky little lad! Well done darling. He really knows his family doesn't he? We are very proud of him in House of Cory.

Tell MIL it's a compliment, he's 'marking his territory' and thus you are unable to pay for the dry cleaning. Extra Dreamies on the quiet.

Leggings fail. Need more savlon.

cozietoesie Sat 19-Mar-16 11:36:29

Assuming it's not an allergy to fleas, is there any way you could zonk him till Tuesday? How does he react to Zylkene? (I seem to recall Fluffy saying that it really spaced out ASBO.)

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 19-Mar-16 11:40:33

Ouch. He's still scratching then?.

Has he had a change in diet? Although I recall he lives on M&S deli food.

RubbishMantra Sat 19-Mar-16 11:58:00

Poor Mr C!

I remember the kerfuffle when you tried to get a jolly Santa hat on him, so I expect he'd be even more slashy appalled at you trying to stuff coax him into a babygro.

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 20-Mar-16 17:54:14

How is he?

LanaorAna1 Tue 22-Mar-16 22:31:43

So sorry for late reply, PC issues. *Rubbish^ how are ya? I really want to know, do PM me - I hope I can reply, computer acting the goat.

Back from vet. Well, Mr C does not have fleas, which is a blessing.However, my mum, nigh on 80 and a pillar of the community, not so much. She's on Indetrol or something.

Well, R might agree the time is ripe for a frozen cocktail. Despite me telling the vet he was very twitchy, she wouldn't medicate him with anything when the op was put off briefly. Result being Mr C has such bad hypothyroidism now that he can't be op-ed on for another 3 weeks.

He needs his molars removed as well. FIV cats get fang trouble. My soul swooned a touch, it has to be said. 4 ops in a year is a bit, well, you can imagine. The vet said 'Oh well if he was insured...' at which we laffed gaily.

On the upside, the scratching has eased - I was sliding over and holding his paw very gently for him to stop. That annoyed him. Tonight a fat paw slapped over mine and held me while we watched telly. Most pleasing for a small tabby commander.

I sat duly disciplined and waited for him to attend to his toilette (as we speak) before being allowed to MN.

I am nipping out tomorrow - for my teeth and thyroid - but the rest of the time I am trying to sit with him as it chills him out no end.

Still want to try frozen cocktails. If he'll let me.

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 23-Mar-16 16:36:23

Poor cat, that's a lot of surgery. Do you use celia Hammond vets?.

LanaorAna1 Wed 23-Mar-16 19:11:39

I know! Poor litlte kitten. I think he will be all right, he has survived before.

Can't use Celia, not in right area. I would do, like a shot tho'.

He's still holding my paw down and trying to restrain me if I try and stop him scratching. You know that pic of Edward VIII and Mrs Simpson where everyone says That's Not Really a Nazi Salute? Mr C's new paw pose is that Sieg Heil to a tee.

Should be a website called Cats that behave like Hitler.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now