Another cat?

(6 Posts)
orangeyellowgreen Mon 07-Mar-16 21:16:42

We have a dog and cat already and don't really want more but my sister has a cat which I feel we ought to adopt. He's always biting and scratching her children so gets punished and put outside. Our children are much older so he wouldn't be such a problem with us and might be happier.
Our dog knows this other cat but our own cat might be very upset if we adopt him. My sister says they all hate the cat and I feel sorry for him.
Shall I ask for him to move in with us?

Sparklingbrook Mon 07-Mar-16 21:19:15

Absolutely, if they hate it and are punishing it.. But if your cat doesn't get on with it you will need to look at rehoming it.

Poor cat. sad

Vinorosso74 Mon 07-Mar-16 21:49:25

Poor kitty. I would take him he must be miserable. There is advise on the Cats Protection website on introducing cats. Hope it works out.

DramaAlpaca Mon 07-Mar-16 21:53:37

I'd definitely offer to take him in that situation. If you can manage the introductions sensitively it should be fine. Your own kitty will be a bit put out for a while, but hopefully will accept the new arrival.

timtam23 Mon 07-Mar-16 22:04:41

Poor cat. He sounds miserable and stressed. No wonder it's lashing out, if everyone "hates it". How kind of you to think of taking him in. If you take him there's a reasonable chance that all the animals will learn to at least tolerate each other, do you have enough space at home for each cat to have their own spot so that they can keep apart if necessary?

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 07-Mar-16 22:07:45

I'd take it on, I may well have to take on my estranged parents Maine coon in the future while owning the worlds most terrotorial Bengal so I don't say it lightly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now