Cat litter pricing - litres v kilos?

(12 Posts)
LowDudgeon Thu 03-Mar-16 22:01:19

Can anybody tell me how cats best at 49p a litre compares with worlds best at £1.89 a kilo, please?

Currently using cats best & quite happy with it but thought I might give worlds best a whirl next time.

TIA smile

JanetWeb2812 Fri 04-Mar-16 09:03:59

Well as a litre of water weighs 1 kilo and I doubt water is four times the density of litter I'd say that Cat's Best is the better value.

cozietoesie Fri 04-Mar-16 12:03:53

Well that's something I've never worked out! I just buy the weight and size that my old boy likes, there being little point in buying cheaper litter that he won't use.

( He's a bit of a fusspot with his tray - although not as bad as some. grin)

LowDudgeon Fri 04-Mar-16 13:43:46

Oh! I could just weigh a litre of cats best & work it out from there, couldn't I? Never thought of that!

Crumb litter is quite light for its volume so it won't be the same as water. I'll let you know grin

Thanks, both

IHaveBrilloHair Fri 04-Mar-16 13:46:13

Cat's best is better btw, I've tried both, and chick crumb.

LowDudgeon Fri 04-Mar-16 13:51:05

A litre of cats best weighs around 400g - that's about £1.22 a kilo, so still much better value.

Thanks for the comparison, BrilloHair - I think I'll stick with cats best then!

IHaveBrilloHair Fri 04-Mar-16 14:13:18

Chick crumb is much cheaper if you are looking to save money, but it stinks.

LowDudgeon Fri 04-Mar-16 16:26:21

Oh I'm happy enough with cats best, thank you - I just wondered if the price difference would make it worthwhile trying worlds best (& it doesn't!)

FoodyMcDude Fri 04-Mar-16 18:28:28

I am about to adopt a cat and have just been browsing to see if anyone had any ideas what cat litter was best. Can anyone tell me the best place to buy cats best?

IHaveBrilloHair Fri 04-Mar-16 19:46:09

I buy it on Amazon

LowDudgeon Fri 04-Mar-16 22:03:34

Zooplus generally, Foody. I get most (all in fact) of my cat supplies there - food, biscuits & litter plus miscellanies like toys, litter trays, food bowls, scratching posts.
Great prices, free delivery over £29 (they use DPD so you get a texted 1-hr delivery window) & they have a reward scheme.
Also cashback if you go through Quidco, & they have their own discount scheme for a small upfront fee.
m.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats

sashh Sat 05-Mar-16 08:07:11

It's not a weight for weight issue - some litter is quite heavy like sand, and others quite light like wood shavings.

What you need is how much does it cost to fill the tray enough for the cat to use.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now