cat sick out of pal rug?

(4 Posts)
Frostycake Tue 23-Feb-16 11:27:36

How do you remove it?

My cat has retched up a furball onto my lovely (pale) rug and left a stain about 6" x 1" and I can't get it out.

I've tried the 'stain' remover from the pet shop (twice) and regular carpet cleaner twice now too. The stain is still there. The problem is (I think) that she did it while I was out so I only discovered it several hours later after it had had time to set in a lovely warm house with the sun on it. <grim>

Any tips on how to remove it without going to the hassle of getting a carpet cleaning company to come in? the spot in question is beige but the carpet has pattern in a 'rust' colour nearby so I can't risk Vanish (can I?) It was a very expensive rug too so don't want to just bin it and can't push the stained bit under the sofa sadly

cozietoesie Tue 23-Feb-16 13:19:54

Twoago - towards the end of his life and not that well - managed a projectile vomit of some 10 ft across a paleish carpet in the upper hall of the house. I never managed to clean it completely - at least not the colour. (I think cat foods have dye/colouring in them these days and cleaning that out completely is nigh on impossible.) These days, I buy darker rugs. wink

Frostycake Tue 23-Feb-16 13:42:02

... managed a projectile vomit of some 10 ft across a paleish carpet in the upper hall of the house ... < faints >

Yes to the food dye. It never used to happen I'm sure. I buy Whiskas so may have to review my buying habits.

... 10 ft ...

cozietoesie Tue 23-Feb-16 13:43:19

It was impressive, I'll say that. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now