How to stop stray going into house

(2 Posts)
dreamingon Fri 12-Feb-16 15:15:54

Hi, wondered if anyone has any thoughts or ideas on this please. My Mum has quite a timid cat and over the last few months another cat keeps coming into my Mum's house. At first it was trying to eat my Mum's cat's food and then going away but now it seems to have moved into the conservatory.

It does not have a collar and nobody seems to own it (Mum has asked). It is frightening my Mum's cat off though and is not very friendly, I dared to walk out the other day and it growled and hissed at me.

Mum cannot afford a new cat flap with the magnetic chip and also her back door needs replacing so there is nowhere to fit at the moment.

I am worried about my Mum's cat though and Mum is getting upset now as the other cat just keeps bullying my Mum's cat. I have phoned the Cat Protection who said they can do nothing and also the RSPCA who said throw water at it but Mum thinks this is cruel.

Has anybody else come across this and managed to find a solution please.

MerdeAlor Fri 12-Feb-16 18:40:26

How about buying a second hand cat flap with a chip reader. It's the only solution I can think of.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now