My neutered cats have (cough) sex fights.

(8 Posts)
Gingermum Thu 11-Feb-16 22:39:31

Well that's what it looks like! Stan (male, neutered) and Bunty (female, neutered) have this routine where Bunty rolls on her back near Stan and waves her paws around suggestively. He then jumps on her - they roll about grunting, then one of them will start licking and grooming the other one's head and ears. Bunty then rolls to one side, flapping her paw about before standing up, waggling her bottom and taking a flying leap onto Stan again.

This rolling about and grooming continues till one gets bored and wanders off, or one goes a bit too far and yelps before running off.

All very un-neutered behaviour!

Can anyone shed any light?

cozietoesie Thu 11-Feb-16 22:55:27

It actually sounds like a normal youngster roundhouse. Might they be a little bored ?

(I'm assuming there's no damage being done to either?)

MadamDeathstare Thu 11-Feb-16 23:00:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Gingermum Thu 11-Feb-16 23:04:34

Hmmm. They usually do it straight after breakfast before they both go out. I never thought of it as Cat Wrestling. But then there's no attempted mounting involved - it's just rolling around, grunting and a bit of ear washing. Cozie no damage at all, and no flattened ears either.

The only time I saw Stan proper growl at Bunty was when he was bringing me an eviscerated mouse and Bunty tried to have a sniff of the kill.

Gingermum Thu 11-Feb-16 23:05:38

Madame maybe the Deathcats are turned on by your MIL!

Heyheyheygoodbye Thu 11-Feb-16 23:07:07

Sounds like totally normal feline rough and tumble to me! Cats don't do it missionary style you know grin

cozietoesie Thu 11-Feb-16 23:17:31

I'd guess then that they're touching base/ reaffirming bonds by some kitten-type fighting which can look bad but is really no fighting at all. (It doesn't sound sexual.) Prior to going out and hitting the big wide world that is.

Look on it as a bonding exercise, cat-style. grin

MadamDeathstare Fri 12-Feb-16 16:27:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now