Cat pissing in the house!

(8 Posts)
MadameZeCow Sun 07-Feb-16 12:28:51

He's just turned 14 months old (indoor cat) is he marking his territory?
If I get him spayed will it stop?

It's driving me mental. He has a litter tray that he uses but I cone down to the living room stinking to high heaven this morning when the door is wide open to the kitchen and his tray.

I'm at the end of my tether and I'm trying to sort my house out. I'm about to recarpet and I'm going to be really upset if he ruins my new carpet.

I love him very much but he's making my house stink sad

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 07-Feb-16 12:40:46

You have an entire Tom cat who isn't allowed out?.

I would neuter ASAP just to make his life easier. He must be choc full of hormones.

MadameZeCow Sun 07-Feb-16 12:56:29

He doesn't appear to be. He's the laziest cat I've ever known. It's never been an issue before so haven't taken him.

But I'll do that, I'll make an appointment tomorrow.

Will it help with the pissing at all?

thecatneuterer Sun 07-Feb-16 15:45:01

God yes that will help with the pissing. It will also help with his well being. As fluffy said he will be full of hormones and very unhappy indeed.

I can't imagine what you were thinking to leave it this long before neutering.

thecatneuterer Sun 07-Feb-16 15:46:37

Also unneutered tom cat urine has a very, very strong smell (it normally develops when they are around a year old, but the timings can vary). This strong smell will disappear around 10 days after neutering.

RedOnHerHedd Sun 07-Feb-16 16:14:13

The only time my neutered 2yr old male has sprayed is when we had family staying over Christmas and he pissed on my new rug. He hasn't done it before or since.

RedOnHerHedd Sun 07-Feb-16 16:14:44

He's a house cat too.

RubyChewsDay Sat 13-Feb-16 22:17:36

How is he OP?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now