Little Monsieur nearly gave me a heart attack!

(7 Posts)
RubbishMantra Wed 03-Feb-16 03:21:27

The boys have a cat-flap in the back door, leading into gardens. I don't let them out the front, because it's a busy-ish road. We seemed to come to an understanding that the front door is out of bounds, and usually they eye the front door with suspicion when opened.

Tonight, I opened the door to the Tesco delivery man. Little Monsieur sauntered out. and ran across the road in front of a car!

I've learnt my lesson, and will be shutting them in the kitchen when the front door is opened. I was running around bare-foot in my onesie, trying to catch him like a mad thing, then sobbed for about an hour afterwards.

Lesson learnt.

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 03-Feb-16 07:32:20

That is terrifying. How did the driver manage to miss him?.

cozietoesie Wed 03-Feb-16 08:31:24

Seniorboy got out the front door about two years ago in a moment of inattention from me. (Picked up shaking from next door's garden by some passing Japanese students. ) That was his second excursion outside - he went onto my mother's back patio very briefly in 1998 if I recall - and he's shown no inclination since to explore. I keep doors closed when the supermarket delivery comes these days though. The Lodger may be foolhardily streetwise but Seniorboy is not.

Olinguito Wed 03-Feb-16 12:16:10

Olicat isn't allowed out of the front door. When she was younger on a couple of occasions she darted out, but then froze with shock on the front path, as if she knew she was in forbidden territory, and was quickly herded back in.

She doesn't show much interest these days, but we're very careful with the front door just in case.

cozietoesie Wed 03-Feb-16 13:20:30

The Lodger went out this morning but was asking to come inside again - back to his sofa and heating grin- within about 15 seconds. That is one bright cat.

RubbishMantra Thu 04-Feb-16 11:11:09

I live in the middle of town Fluffy, so a 30 mile speed limit. And he's mostly white, so more visible than MCat, who's too clued up to pull a stunt like that anyway. Or it could've been me running after Little M, screaming, alerted them. But oh Lordy, it gave me the Proper Wobbly Legs Fear.

I didn't realise The Lodger was still residing with you Cozie? I thought Senior's distaste for him had him taking lodgings somewhere else?

cozietoesie Thu 04-Feb-16 11:34:18

He's visiting, Mantra. Seniorboy hasn't noticed yet, Thank Goodness, so we have relative peace. ( The Lodger is confined to the basement and there's a noisy dog to provide cover by dint of scrabbling and moving noises. (No barking.))

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now