Best cat toys?

(15 Posts)
FlowersAndShit Sun 17-Jan-16 20:39:41

I've just got a new cat - he's about 1-2 years old according to the vet. What sort of toys do you recommend? I was thinking of getting something like this -

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00A4A7UOU/ref=s9_simh_gw_p199_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=008NRPB4QGVP5HR3NC3H&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=577049067&pf_rd_i=desktop

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000CCW1OE?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_3&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

DramaAlpaca Sun 17-Jan-16 20:42:15

The flying frenzy is brilliant. My two cats love it.

TheSpottedZebra Sun 17-Jan-16 20:44:05

Small ball of foil, flicked about, for chasing. The foil from a kitkat is ideal.

And, a cardboard box.

My cat has never liked 'real' toys.

stumblymonkey Tue 19-Jan-16 17:41:32

The only real cat toy my two cats have ever liked is this catnip kicker....they go crazy with it! It's about £4 from Pets At Home.

I also found some furry little balls (no jokes please!) which they liked.

Otherwise they love dish sponges (they stick to their claws), foil sweet wrappers scrunched into a ball, cardboard boxes...

dodobookends Tue 19-Jan-16 17:59:16

Plain, bog-standard string, ping-pong balls, cardboard boxes.

The Skinneez Mouse cat toy (£2.50 in Pets at Home) is probably the best-played-with cat toy I've ever bought. Looks like a real mouse and smells of catnip. I also bought some catnip separately and store the toy in a plastic box with the catnip, which refreshes the catnip smell.

Mincepies76 Tue 19-Jan-16 20:52:42

Zebedee mice, get them on Amazon. My cat goes mad with it (with joy) he carries them around in his mouth and bats them and chases them, they are like crack for cats!

Moln Tue 19-Jan-16 21:03:01

My cat has these. He loves them, really loves them. Don't know why as he was never interested in any other toy.

He also loves straws.

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 19-Jan-16 21:05:29

Ping pong balls, shoelaces, catnip mice.

FishOn Tue 19-Jan-16 21:06:50

a long piece of string - absolute favourite here

or a ping pong ball with holes so they can carry it about and catch claws in it to flick it about

don't spend a load of money - that'll be the toy they ignore grin

Greymalkin Tue 19-Jan-16 21:08:07

Cardboard boxes
screwed up balls of paper / foil
A laser-pointer / 'red dot' - my two go crazy chasing this and it brings out my mean side lol

BaronessBomburst Tue 19-Jan-16 21:11:13

A cardboard box.
Lego is a favourite here too. despite me constantly reminding DS to tidy it up

bloodyteenagers Tue 19-Jan-16 21:14:46

Cardboard box
Laser thing less than a quid on eBay
The kinder plastic things
Socks
Carrier bags

Bought them toys. I am sure the cats look at
Them, look at me and laugh.

timtam23 Tue 19-Jan-16 21:33:01

My cat is absolutely terrified of the flying frenzy so that was a complete waste of money. He adores chasing my laser pointer though, I think he is a mouser rather than a birder.

He isn't into catnip very much but the Yeeeow! ones are good. Cardboard boxes are always a favourite as is his cardboard scratch pad

PolterGoose Wed 20-Jan-16 09:04:26

Laser pointer
Skineez
Yeowwww
Kong

PolterCat especially likes things with boggly eyes or dangly limbs he can chew off. He's the first cat I've had who loves toys, we leave a few on the floor and rotate them, he will just go and play with them when he is in the mood smile

FlowersAndShit Thu 21-Jan-16 22:10:25

Thanks everyone! I stupidly spent £14 on this cheese chaser ball game and he won't play with it sad he just likes the cheap tinsel/feather ball toy that makes a huge mess all over the carpet! Love him to pieces though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now