I had my cat PTS this morning.

(23 Posts)
tabulahrasa Sat 26-Dec-15 21:12:31

She was 12 and on chemo for the last 5 years, she did brilliantly until recently when she randomly started losing weight, then about 5 days ago she stopped eating...so her normal vet was on today and we decided it was better to do it now before she got too unhappy and she fell asleep in my arms.

It was all as good as it could be for her, but I just wanted to post about her as she was a wonderful cheeky loving cat and I miss her sad

PolterGoose Sat 26-Dec-15 21:20:44

So sorry flowers

Italianmoma1983 Sat 26-Dec-15 21:21:19

My heart is breaking for you 😔 You gave her a great life, you expended her life by a lots of years, you did your best. I'm sending you hugs xxxx

darkequinoxlight Sat 26-Dec-15 21:21:47

Beautiful cat. I'm so sorry flowers

cozietoesie Sat 26-Dec-15 22:36:37

I'm so sorry, tabulah.

Floralnomad Sat 26-Dec-15 22:39:55

Sorry to see this tonight tabulah , I've followed your numerous issues with your dog and didn't realise that you had a poorly cat as well , she looks incredibly beautiful .

Mincepies76 Sat 26-Dec-15 22:59:34

Beautiful cat x

Wolfiefan Sat 26-Dec-15 23:02:37

Wow. Gorgeous puss. So sorry for your loss. You have her five extra good years and didn't allow her to suffer at the end. No owner (sorry slave) could do more.
Lost our 19 year old earlier this year. sad
flowers

isamonster Sat 26-Dec-15 23:23:27

I'm so sorry for you. My gorgeous girl was pts today two years ago because she had FIP. I always think about her but I know she had had a lovely life.

foxy6 Sat 26-Dec-15 23:32:20

((hugs)) its a sad time for you and made worse by the time of year, 2 years ago we had to have our tom pts, it was devastating for us all. xxx

tabulahrasa Sat 26-Dec-15 23:38:41

Floral - yep, those two keep vets in mortgage payments I'm pretty sure, lol. She was the reason the numpty dog is so well insured, I got caught out with her.

I have another cat as well, I rarely mention her because she's no bother, 1 out of 3 isn't doing well is it? Lol

Willow - the Siamese, was great, I am going to miss her so much till I get used to her being gone, I'm ok with it, it was all good for her, but there's no cat sat on me tonight and it's just weird, she was always beside me.

Floralnomad Sat 26-Dec-15 23:42:19

I know how you feel ,my first horse spent so much time with the vet I think I financed 2 Land Rovers ,and she wasn't insured either .

chickindude Sat 26-Dec-15 23:48:54

So very sorry. What a beautiful looking cat. It's heartbreaking, I was devastated when we went through something similar.

Vinorosso74 Sun 27-Dec-15 11:56:48

So sorry flowers. That is a fab picture-she looks a lovely cat.

Notmeagain1 Mon 28-Dec-15 00:12:44

So sorry for your loss.flowers she no longer in pain. You saved her 5 years ago with the chemo and I know she had a happy life with you as you so i nd absolutely wonderful.😻

timtam23 Mon 28-Dec-15 00:53:04

So sorry for your loss, what a very beautiful cat flowers

Wibhay Mon 28-Dec-15 15:29:49

Sorry for your loss xxx

anoldiebutagoody Tue 29-Dec-15 17:05:51

Sorry to hear about Willow xx.
I share your loss my special old boy was PTS about a week ago and he was always on my lap every evening. It is strange to be sitting down without having to make room (move the laptop) for him :-( if I got up he'd sit on the arm of the chair until I got back then sit back down on my lap as soon as I sat down again.

RoosterCogburn Tue 29-Dec-15 18:26:47

What a gorgeous cat, I am so very sorry for your loss.

Threetoedsloth Tue 29-Dec-15 21:12:32

Oh my , I had a Willow, a lilac Siamese. Goodness I heard my heart break when I had to let her go. Your girl is beautiful Tabulah. We love them so much. Now having a weep for your Willow, and mine.

MirandaWest Tue 29-Dec-15 21:17:37

I'm sorry sad

SevenOfNineTrue Thu 31-Dec-15 10:29:21

So sorry for your loss flowers

I share in your feelings as my beloved cat was PTS a month ago. He had cancer but the treatment was too much for him.

Take care of yourself.

limitedperiodonly Thu 31-Dec-15 17:34:38

So sorry for you. She was beautiful

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now