Why is Pets at Home litter so much more expensive than Tesco?

(12 Posts)
LeftMyRidingCropInTheMortuary Tue 03-Nov-15 17:34:34

And Aldi?

It's about 1.70 in both Tesco and Aldi and about £4 for even the cheapest in Pets at Home.

Thanks!

Mincepies76 Tue 03-Nov-15 21:43:57

Don't know but isn't most stuff more expensive at Pets At Home?!

PinkSparklyPussyCat Tue 03-Nov-15 21:59:11

I have a cat who will only use Catsan which costs a fortune! I tried him on a cheaper one but he wouldn't use it and you could tell he was desperate to go as he was pacing around.

I don't know where he gets his expensive tastes from...

StillMedusa Tue 03-Nov-15 22:20:39

I used to love the Pets at Home fine clumping litter.. slightly pinkish grey, clumped brilliantly and didn't scatter too much. Then they stopped doing it and their stuff now is grey and lumpy sad

I didn't mind paying for it when it was good, but have given up and gone back to rubbish Morrisons cheapo stuff sad Grey and it spreads everywhere!

TheBunnyOfDoom Wed 04-Nov-15 12:37:29

Pink you can get Catsan for less than PS3 for a 5l bag at Wilko smile

PinkSparklyPussyCat Wed 04-Nov-15 12:42:55

Oooh, we're getting a Wilko later this month Bunny, I'll check it out!

Thanks!

FinestGrundyTurkey Wed 04-Nov-15 15:41:36

Catsan is £4.49 for 10L at zooplus

www.zooplus.co.uk/esearch.htm#q%3DCatsan%2520Cat%2520Litter%26catl%3D4%26cats%3D1Cat%257C2Cat%2520Litter%257C3Catsan%2520Cat%2520Litter

I get all my litter & biscuits & most of my catfood at zooplus. If you go via quidco there's a small amount of cashback, & often an extra discount too, (esp if you spend over £75 which it's surprisingly easy to do as long as you have plenty of storage space) & it is nice not to have to lug bags/boxes of heavy stuff about.

Also zooplus do their own 5% discount with a subscription deal (it's ages since I last did it but was about £5 for 3 years iirc) & points with every purchase for various freebies from their rewards programme. Delivery is free, & they use DPD who always send you a text with a one-hour delivery window (which can be changed). If you order on a Mon or Tue it'll usually turn up the same week.

I love it, can you tell grin

FinestGrundyTurkey Wed 04-Nov-15 15:42:39

oh sorry, link didn't work

try this one

www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/cat_litter/catsan/490112

LeftMyRidingCropInTheMortuary Wed 04-Nov-15 20:14:38

Thanks guys.
Pets at Home is actually cheaper than Tesco for wet food pouches, according to my calculations. Haven't checked out Lidl/B&M yet tho.

MrsBertMacklin Wed 04-Nov-15 22:14:23

Completely second zoo plus for pet stuff, brilliant.

19lottie82 Thu 05-Nov-15 14:18:10

That's only a small bag of catsAn so not particularly cheap...... Esp if you have to add postage on top? Sainsburies do 20L for £9.50?

FinestGrundyTurkey Thu 05-Nov-15 16:16:30

BunnyofDoom mentioned 5L for under £3 at Wilkos - 10L for £4.49 is somewhat cheaper. Delivery from zooplus is free over £29 (easily reached with a bit of wet & dry food on top), & they do the bigger bags too which work out slightly cheaper.

www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/cat_litter/catsan/178490

personally I'd rather have big heavy bags of stuff like cat litter delivered to my door than have to lug it in & out of trolleys & boots grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now