Bonfire night

(5 Posts)
MadauntofA Sun 16-Aug-15 22:08:43

I know we are nowhere near this, but DH was about to get rid of the litter tray as our boy has been going out since he was neutered last year, and I reminded him that we need it for the winter. What do you do with outdoor cats near bonfire night as it seems to go on for a couple of weeks sometimes - do you just bring them in when getting dark nearer the time?

susiedaisy Mon 17-Aug-15 09:21:01

Not sue op as this will be our first bonfire night with ginger boy he's an outdoor cat with cat flap so I'm thinking I might have to keep him in for a few nights.

cozietoesie Mon 17-Aug-15 10:40:28

My outside going cats have always been kept in at night anyway (and have used indoor trays to do their duty) so I've always been more concerned with the possibility of local kids somehow getting hold of fireworks and letting them off at strange times and in strange places. (I know there are restrictions on their sale but they still seem to be able to get hold of them somehow and there's not a whole load you can do about it in the daytime.)

The cats have generally been more sanguine about fireworks than the dogs so, broadly, I just relax with them and watch a bad movie or two.

Lonecatwithkitten Mon 17-Aug-15 12:01:37

Not just Bonfire night, new years eve to and various other dates round here.
The posh arrogant boy is not very bright so he likes to sit on the fence in the garden (6ft high) and watch the pretty colours.
The tailless wonder is always in at that time of the evening trapping either DD or I on the sofa. She is not concerned at all.
The dog, however, is in his bomb shelter convinced the world is going to end.

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 17-Aug-15 16:08:31

I like them in at sundown in the winter. I don't see why we need to sell fireworks anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now