Kitten arrived today! I don't want to leave him on his own....

(34 Posts)
Glowlamp Sun 12-Jul-15 00:01:52

So he's 8 weeks old and we have two other not so delighted cats (14&15). First night away from Mum and I shut him in a room with all the essentials and went to but he mewed so much I let him back in! (5 mins... I am soft) Help. What to do?

Glowlamp Sun 12-Jul-15 00:02:28

*went to bed

code Sun 12-Jul-15 00:11:10

He's quite young, I'd take him to bed with me.

Glowlamp Sun 12-Jul-15 00:14:23

I have... Don't think my OH appreciated kitten claws in his ribs as he dropped off! Could be a long night. grin

RubbishMantra Sun 12-Jul-15 00:52:22

Long night, but you'll wake up with that "Yay! I'm waking up with a new kitten" feeling. grin

Photos once you're all rested, please?

Glowlamp Sun 12-Jul-15 13:49:34

yawn He is cute tho! He actually ha a tabby stripe visible through the black of his coat. Vet tomorrow for the once over. My other two cats are very unimpressed.

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 12-Jul-15 14:29:33

He's an adorable little thing. I can imagine the unimpressed resident cats faces now.

RubbishMantra Sun 12-Jul-15 18:14:17

He has some very impressive eyebrows and whiskers going on! He's lovely, I have a fondness for black and whites, I've got a big and beefy adult one.

Have you named him yet? I looked at him and thought Dennis or Healey. grin

code Sun 12-Jul-15 19:28:37

Lookit, little face! He's a cutie. I luffs his white whiskers and brows.

cozietoesie Sun 12-Jul-15 19:34:20

My boys sleep with me from Day One so I can't really comment. smile

abigamarone Sun 12-Jul-15 21:24:10

I think you should do what I did when we first got our kittens, get up at stupid o'clock and check on them every few hours. I don't think they got much rest between us all feeling the need to check on them.

Black and whites are my absolute favourites (but I don't want my tabby finding out)

sashh Mon 13-Jul-15 15:48:01

I fostered a pair that were completely black but with a tabby pattern as well, I called them, 'the black tigers'.

And take him to bed you meany, you know that's where he will end up.

Glowlamp Mon 13-Jul-15 23:26:02

He is called Jef! I blame the kids... Still it kinda suits him! I got a full nights sleep last night. Put him in his basket in the hall once he fell asleep and left my door open. Yay. He is a lap kitten. Follows us everywhere. The big cats are slightly more tolerant today smile

butterfly133 Mon 13-Jul-15 23:29:08

More pictures please! smile

SinisterBunnyMonth Mon 13-Jul-15 23:33:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Glowlamp Mon 13-Jul-15 23:38:54

He's getting brave! Anyone know about the vet plan (forgotten what it was called exactly) £9.99 per month and includes vaccinations, chipping, flea and worming, 20% off neutering. Could have been more than that but I've forgotten. It's like a 12 month all inclusive kitten plan.

butterfly133 Mon 13-Jul-15 23:43:44

<dies of cute>

He looks like the kitten my friend got recently. He is a very photo keen kitty, always sitting in shoes and so on.

He's not named for the talking mongoose is he?!

Glowlamp Mon 13-Jul-15 23:52:14

Had to google talking mongoose! How strange.
It's entirely the invention of my DD. We have had a few strange looks grin
Abi - my husband can't sleep for kitten worry!
Sinister - I do hope he's trying to fit in...

I slept in the spare room with my kittens for the first few nights blush I was worried they might get lonely! (Instead they kept me awake being bonkers all night)

Your older ones are doing well! Mine sulked and decamped to the garden for a month!

butterfly133 Tue 14-Jul-15 15:25:46

ah, the only time I've heard the name Jef, someone was talking about the mongoose.

anyway, lots more pics please grin

BettyCatKitten Tue 14-Jul-15 15:30:29

All my kittens have slept in my bed with DH and I, as great way to bond with them. He's gorgeous smile

RubbishMantra Tue 14-Jul-15 18:23:39

Jef the Kitten! Brilliant! That name kind of puts me in mind of a 50 year old man wearing corduroy slacks, beige polo neck and tan suede shoes. And he may even possibly use "Just For Men", to cover up his greys. grin But it would be spelled Geoff.

buntingbingo Tue 14-Jul-15 18:38:01

Our kitten slept on our pillows for the first few weeks. She's the loveliest snuggly lap cat I've ever known now. She doesn't always sleep with us now, she prefers the sofa but I'm sure those first weeks of being close has made her into the sweet cat she is now.

Glowlamp Tue 14-Jul-15 20:15:08

Haha Rubbish the name does paint that picture!
Bunting/Betty - I have to confine the cats to the kitchen at night as one weighs a stone and him jumping on the bed at 3am was shortening my life span shock
Also my longhair is sick a lot - not pleasant to find her 'gifts'!
Anyway I was making my bed and this happened....

QforCucumber Tue 14-Jul-15 20:18:57

ThAt picture is the sweetest thing I've ever seen - looks like he's been accepted smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now