I'm getting a kitten today

(68 Posts)
Pumpkinette Thu 11-Jun-15 09:00:46

I'm so excited. It's all been a bit last minute as we only found out yesterday and we are getting him today. A friend of ours has been let down twice with a home for her last Kitten so we said we would take it. We've not even seen him yet but I've been told he's just a standard black and white shorthair cat and is very good natured and already litter trained, has been wormed and frontlined. He's 13 weeks old in a couple of days.

I've just came off nightshift and instead of going to bed I'm heading out to buy supplies as we have nothing in. I'm thinking I will be needing a litter box, litter, bowls, food, catbed (although fully expect him not to sleep in it) some toys and some treats. Have I missed anything?

Sorry I'm not on to ask a question as such I just wanted to share my happy news.

chemenger Thu 11-Jun-15 09:29:40

The rules say that you are not allowed back here without pictures, so we will be waiting grin

Every black and white boy I have known has been lovely.

TranquilityofSolitude Thu 11-Jun-15 09:32:05

I wouldn't bother with the cat bed. He's much more likely to prefer your bed!

chockbic Thu 11-Jun-15 18:02:17

A scratch pad or pole will serve you well.

cozietoesie Thu 11-Jun-15 18:30:40

When is he arriving?

HemanOrSheRa Thu 11-Jun-15 18:32:28

What time is he arriving because I am waiting for pictures smile.

noddyholder Thu 11-Jun-15 18:33:37

You will love it we got one 3 weeks ago and he has turned the house on its head!

Sparklingbrook Thu 11-Jun-15 18:34:50

envy

Pumpkinette Thu 11-Jun-15 18:41:28

We are picking him up a 7. My 5 year old DD is bouncing off the walls with excitement as am I . I shall be back with photos soon.

Pumpkinette Thu 11-Jun-15 20:06:32

He's home. I've only got a few photos just now because he's taken to hiding behind the TV. I've also found out he's half Ragdoll so I think he might be a big boy. He has really long whiskers and is quite vocal. I'm in love already.

IHaveBrilloHair Thu 11-Jun-15 20:09:06

Ooooh kitten.
I wants ten one.

CtrlAltDelicious Thu 11-Jun-15 20:11:13

Beautiful markings!

noddyholder Thu 11-Jun-15 20:21:50

Oh he's lovely ours is a ragdoll too and black and white SO naughty!

HemanOrSheRa Thu 11-Jun-15 20:22:28

Oh my! He is gorgeous! Please feel free to post my pics when he comes out from behind the TV grin. Enjoy!

PaigeMahoney Thu 11-Jun-15 20:27:51

He's beautiful! Love the way he's checking out his reflection in the fireplace.

cozietoesie Thu 11-Jun-15 21:29:42

A lovely boy - and one who looks very self-possessed.

How is DD reacting? Is she avoiding going to bed?

smile

MilesHuntsWig Thu 11-Jun-15 21:32:33

Intrigued to see how you get on! We got two last Sunday and they're hilarious. Litter tray, flash wipes, nappy sacks. They haven't slept on the cat beds at all yet!

Let me know how you get on, we're figuring it out too!!

iklboo Thu 11-Jun-15 21:39:01

What's he called?

iklboo Thu 11-Jun-15 21:39:59

Sorry, that should be 'what name have to chosen to futilely shout & which he utterly ignores. Probably while licking his bum'.

Pumpkinette Thu 11-Jun-15 22:56:28

Finally got DD to bed at 10 with lots of 'I'm not even tired' pleas. He's been playing non stop for the last 3 hours. He's been to the litter tray twice, had a drink and a couple of bites of food.

He's still a little nervous of us but he's getting there.

No name yet. All of DD's suggestions have been interesting to say the least. (Chris the cat anyone?) I'm sure we will come up with a name soon.

Anyway here are a couple more photos for you.

FannyFifer Thu 11-Jun-15 23:01:44

I'm just here for the kitten pics, squeeeeee. grin

JesseandCeline Thu 11-Jun-15 23:09:09

So so cute.

I am also impressed by the beautiful state of your rug and carpet... I have not seen one this neat in years (says the one with with a dog, two cats, two foster pg cats. Warning: 'Tis a slippery slope!).

acatcalledjohn Thu 11-Jun-15 23:14:45

He's gorgeous!

Human names for cats all the way. I am aware of (other than my username) a Colin, Malcolm, James, Gene...

Chris is good grin

Ian?

Watching with interest. I'm just trying go decide whether getting kittens is a good idea

HemanOrSheRa Thu 11-Jun-15 23:26:23

Of course it's a good idea ATruth! Kittens are always a good idea!

He really is a lovely boy OP! Very photogenic too smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now