Rehoming cats

(9 Posts)
caper555 Thu 14-May-15 14:35:19

We are relocating and heartbreakingly cannot take our two lovely Burmese boys...not sure if it's ok to ask here if any lovely mumsnetters are looking (they are wonderful with children) before I go to the Burmese club...hmm

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 14-May-15 16:33:13

I'd go to the breed re-homing site. We could all be cat murderers on here.

At least the Burmese club can vet the owners.

caper555 Thu 14-May-15 16:40:08

Fortunately for me, I do have some faith in humanity.

Perfectly capable of vetting potential owners too, as an ex breeder...

code Thu 14-May-15 21:51:56

I have 2 burmese boys, I sympathise -they are a lovely breed. There is a good re homing section on the cat forums sub forum on pet forums. I also agree that the burmese cat club is excellent as they seem to carefully rehome all the cats they advertise. Is the original breeder no longer on the scene as often they would prefer to be asked first I imagine?

cozietoesie Thu 14-May-15 22:25:10

I'd go to Burmese Rescue, caper. If they're anything like Siamese Rescue, they'll also make arrangements for fostering if a new home can't be found immediately.

It must be heartbreaking for you to have to give them a new home.

shaska Fri 15-May-15 09:26:02

The problem with here I think is that we're all fully catted- if I didn't have my two I'd be very interested but sadly I think four cats would teeter on RSPCA territory in a flat my size!

cozietoesie Fri 15-May-15 09:30:50

Seniorboy wouldn't tolerate any additionality - Goodness knows, he barely tolerates me ! grin

Good luck anyway, caper.

caper555 Fri 15-May-15 23:25:39

Home found smile

cozietoesie Fri 15-May-15 23:31:16

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now